Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

If it's a one-way rental, do they give you the crappy car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If it's a one-way rental, do they give you the crappy car?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:53 am

The way National prices one-ways (per day charge, not per mile) makes them an economical "shuttle service".

That depends on your rate plan, as with all the companies. For National Emerald Club retail renters, it could be as high as $195/day for a compact with unlimited miles, minus 15% EC discount, for ~$146/day plus tax. Some large companies have a flat rate plan, where it's always $35/day say, but one-ways are subject to a mileage charge. This can be cheaper for short distance, long time one-ways.

I had a small airport station thank me for bringing them a nice, new car from a larger airport in a neighboring city.

Rentalguy from National, who hasn't posted in a while, once said that some small corporate locations don't get new cars, and have to rely on whatever one-ways come in.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast

Rentalguy from National, who hasn't posted in a while, once said that some small corporate locations don't get new cars, and have to rely on whatever one-ways come in.
The Wilmington, DE location told me the same thing a couple of months ago.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:27 pm

That means one way (pun intended) you can tell is the Delaware location will likely have cars from neighboring states with plentiful one-way demand to and from there, ex NJ, PA, MD, VA, and possibly a random handful from a few further states, but no cars registered in DE itself.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Having EA or ES is the best for OW rentals, they can't stop you after you've driven to the gate. Counter locations only are more of a hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.