Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
So the attendants just dangle the keys in the air while helping customers at this location? Very odd story..
No, let me elaborate a little more. He was helped by the attendant who upgraded him to the Benz but he was also preoccupied by his phone, so I guess he agreed to something he didn't want? When he came back he was so red in the face that he actually agreed to the Spark when his options where anything on the rows, the Benz or a Spark. His exact words were "Just give me what I have" and the agent replied with "the Benz?" only to get a "whatever is in your g**damn system" and he was off in a pink Spark. What I think the guy was up to was either a Mr.Toughguy, Mr.I didn't get my way or he thought he booked the LR2 (WXAR). VIP or not, it seemed fishy by him trying the locked car several times only to get mad with nothing else to say (ie. I thought I was getting that) and drive off. Eh, the paperwork was already started for me even before his tyrant.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
4/18/13 11:30 PM

I'm Emerald Executive Elite. Had a reservation for a free day for luxury class. Walked out to booth and he had a 535i waiting for me. I would've really liked that car but I needed an SUV for this trip so I was given a 2013 Infiniti FX37 AWD with 922 miles.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 7:58 am

Wow, awesome selection. Are 535i's common on the Lux aisle?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Wow, awesome selection. Are 535i's common on the Lux aisle?
It was off to the side in the VIP area. I didn't really see a luxury aisle. I saw a 2011 Cadillac DTS and a Volvo with the hood up. Other than that I don't know what luxury they typically carry.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:14 pm

They still had a DTS!?! WOAH!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
They still had a DTS!?! WOAH!
Yeah they still had a DTS! Only had like 6700 miles on it. Must not have been rented out much and just sat somewhere for awhile.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:14 pm

Abysmal selection 4/26 around 3pm. EA/ES had 2 Impalas, a Jeep Patriot, some sort of 4 door 4x4 pickup (huge - that they kept trying to get someone to take) and a Chevy Traverse without keys. Took the Patriot since it only had 100 miles.

Didn't get to see what they had available in the aisles upon return but other vehicles in the return lanes included an X5 and a 3 series, so there's some nicer stuff out there.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
slariz, if you returned on Sunday, I probably dropped off that X5! There was also a 535i and a new 325i on offer, as well as an SRX and an XC70, in the Luxury/VIP area. Very friendly staff.

I think they were pretty close to sold out on standard cars, since the PCAR rate I paid ended up being significantly less than the ICAR rate for my last-minute rental.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Thursday 4/25 around noon was horrendous selection. The only vehicles on the Exec Aisle was a newish Hyundai Sonata and 3x Chevy Impala. Emerald Aisle was 1x Impala, 1x Malibu and 1x Fusion. Sonata had Sirius/XM active so it was the winner.
Old May 1, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
slariz, if you returned on Sunday, I probably dropped off that X5! There was also a 535i and a new 325i on offer, as well as an SRX and an XC70, in the Luxury/VIP area. Very friendly staff.

I think they were pretty close to sold out on standard cars, since the PCAR rate I paid ended up being significantly less than the ICAR rate for my last-minute rental.
Yep, dropped off late morning on Sunday! Just missed you apparently. And clearly, we should've rented a PCAR since that seems to be where all the good stuff was hiding.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by slariz
Yep, dropped off late morning on Sunday! Just missed you apparently. And clearly, we should've rented a PCAR since that seems to be where all the good stuff was hiding.
So as not to mislead anyone, my reservation was for an LCAR (billed at the PCAR rate as an Exec).
Old May 11, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Thursday night around 10:30pm.

Very limited selection with very little difference between the EA and ES

ES:
1 Pickup
1 Minivan
3 Impala
1 Jeep Compass
1 Hyundai Sonata

EA:
1 VW Beetle (that someone was driving away when I arrived)
2 Hyundai Sonata
1 Ford Fusion
2 Malibu
1 Impala
Old May 12, 2013, 4:06 am

How big is the Portland location? I'm going to be renting an LCAR for a long road-trip and want to get something like an ATS 2.0T, 528i etc. It's a loop so it doesn't really matter where I start - was thinking of SEA or SFO - but flights into PDX seem more convenient and oddly cheaper.

Am I compromising my chances of something nice from the LCAR lineup if I rented from PDX instead of, say, SEA?

I get the impression there might not be a Luxury aisle here, which is what I had at JAX a few years back which kinda sucked as they just handed me the keys to a fairly horrible DTS as that was all they had. The car selection thing is the reason I prefer Alamo/National over Hertz.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:37 pm

How big is the Portland location? I'm going to be renting an LCAR for a long road-trip and want to get something like an ATS 2.0T, 528i etc. It's a loop so it doesn't really matter where I start - was thinking of SEA or SFO - but flights into PDX seem more convenient and oddly cheaper.

Am I compromising my chances of something nice from the LCAR lineup if I rented from PDX instead of, say, SEA?

I get the impression there might not be a Luxury aisle here, which is what I had at JAX a few years back which kinda sucked as they just handed me the keys to a fairly horrible DTS as that was all they had. The car selection thing is the reason I prefer Alamo/National over Hertz.
When I was just there they had the luxury parked off on the side and the lot booth attendant has the keys. The night I was there they had a 535i, an FX37, a DTS, an ATS, and a G37.
Old May 12, 2013, 3:08 pm

The selection in PDX is nowhere near as large as the selection at SFO, but at the end of the day the time of when you pick up your car and how much inventory they have sitting around vs out in the field makes all the difference.

If you want to maximize your choice of vehicles, I'd recommend SFO over PDX, but ultimately I'd choose best price + best airfare/schedules between SFO, PDX and SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.