Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mediator
Arrived at PDX yesterday evening. The selections at ES/ER were pathetic. The only premium car available was a Taurus limited. 80% of the fleet is Malibu or Impala, with a few Optima, Sonata. I saw one Ford Edge and Jeep Patriot. A VW Passat stands out. The agent was helpful, he found a Chrysler 300C from Enterprise for me and I took it.
I think the PDX lot gets worse and worse as the day goes on. When I've arrived after 7pm, I have found a really thin lot with nothing but Impalas. My husband likes to joke on those visits that we just need to decide what color Impala we want!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Buster
I think the PDX lot gets worse and worse as the day goes on. When I've arrived after 7pm, I have found a really thin lot with nothing but Impalas. My husband likes to joke on those visits that we just need to decide what color Impala we want!
Thanks for the update. I did saw a "VIP" section and I spotted a minivan and an Infiniti sedan in that section. Maybe that is reserved for "luxury"?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mediator
Thanks for the update. I did saw a "VIP" section and I spotted a minivan and an Infiniti sedan in that section. Maybe that is reserved for "luxury"?
I can't figure out what that section is for. I asked once if I booked luxury, would I get a car from there, and was told no, that section is reserved for frequent renters who are VIPs. With that having been said, I walked all around the lot and didn't see either a Premium or Luxury section, so I have no idea what you would get if you rented one of those levels.

Last edited by Buster; Sep 20, 2012 at 10:38 am Reason: incomplete thought!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:07 pm

12/29 12:01 am

Executive Aisle - "pick your Impala color"
No minivans or other 7 seaters
VIP - 1 Infinity G37
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by freecia
12/29 12:01 am

Executive Aisle - "pick your Impala color"
No minivans or other 7 seaters
VIP - 1 Infinity G37
That's what it was like on 12/25 at 10pm. I turned to my husband and said, "what color Impala do you want?" There were only 5 cars in Exec - 4 Impalas and, as it turns out, one high mileage Camry, which is what we took.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
Just picked a grey Impala two hours ago. Appeared to be a Dodge Dart there also.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
Was directed to the Exec Asile last Sunday and picked up a new 2013 Ford Escape 4WD loaded, crappy gas mileage though. Still don't like SYNC, too complicated
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:45 am

Friday afternoon - lots of Impalas, a few Kias & Camrys. One convertible Mustang, one Ford Escape. I picked up a new Prius with only 250 miles....not my cup of tea, but certainly better than the Impalas, and nice that it's new!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:34 am

Decently well stocked aisle last night. Your usual Impalas, Camrys, Altimas, plus a few Kias. More unusual cars included a few Mustangs (these seem to be showing up more and more frequently), a Dodge Ram 1500, and a couple of minivans.

I grabbed a Maxima that I figured was pretty new because I could smell the new car smell coming off of it just standing next to it. I think it was a record for me for lowest mileage rental car - just 33 miles! The passenger front seat was still buckled to itself, and was in an awkward position, so I'm guessing no one had ever ridden in the passenger seat of this car, and the trunk mat is still sitting wrapped up in the trunk!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
3/25 @ ~8:30AM

VIP:
-Dart (OR)
-Traverse (OR)
-Transit Connect (OR)
-Impala (CA)

ES:
-Impala
-Impala
-Impala
-Impala
-Impala
-Impala
EA:
-Impala
-Impala
-Impala
-Avenger

Imagine my excitement! Thankfully this was only a one day rental. I was ready to jump into my LT Impala when it dawned on me to check out the regular rows and to my surprise there was an Optima and a....Impala!! However I did notice a Routan in the minivan lane, so it was off to the soccer field!

Last edited by Alaska737890; Mar 25, 2013 at 4:05 pm Reason: Missed VIP section by mistake
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:59 am

Does anyone know what it takes to get a car from the "VIP" aisle? PDX has no premium or luxury aisles, so is that what it is, or is it some sort of frequent renter thing?

Note: I just saw that I asked that question above. I guess I'm nothing if not consistent!

Last edited by Buster; Mar 26, 2013 at 11:01 am Reason: Because I'm lame and keep asking the same question!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Buster
Does anyone know what it takes to get a car from the "VIP" aisle? PDX has no premium or luxury aisles, so is that what it is, or is it some sort of frequent renter thing?

Note: I just saw that I asked that question above. I guess I'm nothing if not consistent!
That's something you'll have to ask the lot attendants there. Usually, VIP means executive vip, a status not available to us mere mortals.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
At PDX last night about 7pm and the pickings were slim.

One Avalon that was scooped at fast...two gentleman sprinted to the thing.
One Sonata and a ton of Camry's and Impalas.

Only saw one SUV and it was some sort of Dodge. The Sonata was great with low miles but reeked of cigarette smoke so got a Camry (drive an Avalon for personal use so I am comfortable in it).
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
4/1 massive turn-around!
VIP:
-LR2 (OR) (hmm was told this was SEA exclusive)
-Rogue (WA)
-C300 (OR) (6k)

ES:
-Flex (CA)
-Beetle (OR)
-Impala (CA)
-Taurus Limited (WA)
-Impala (WI)
-Malibu (OR)
-Charger (OR)

EA:
-Explorer Limited (OR)
-Impala (WA)
-Camry (OR)
-Sonata (OR)

I ended up inquiring about the LR2 (All I got to was "I see you have an LR2 out there...", but an a-hole shows up behind me and goes "I believe that would be mine." cuts me off in line, takes the keys (to the Benz) from another attendant just showing up and has the audacity to tell me that "VIP cars are for VIP, not rookie EA's. National is for big boys." he then storms off only to return with a DYKWIA? in the meantime, the other attendant explained to me that he booked an econo and if I wanted the Land Rover, we'll pull a lost key until he leaves. Finally he calls everybody at the booth f******* and stormed off to the LR2, only to find out that they gave him the key to a Spark in wash. They basically told him that if he was civilized they would upgrade him even though they didn't have to because he booked econo. I actually think LR2's are my favorite...

Also how stupid do you have to be not to notice that your holding a Mercedes or Chevy key when your heading to the car? Hope he enjoys his pink, yes pink Spark 1LT!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:59 pm

So the attendants just dangle the keys in the air while helping customers at this location? Very odd story..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.