Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Planning a trip to PDX and driving down to LAX. In my Rez I have a choice of Ex aisle Full size or a Premium crossover for the same price. If I want an SUV should I go with the Premium crossover or take my chances int he Executive Aisle?
This trip will be mid-September arriving at 10PM. Would the Premium crossover rental guarantee me something at that time of night?
Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by IzzyL
Planning a trip to PDX and driving down to LAX. In my Rez I have a choice of Ex aisle Full size or a Premium crossover for the same price. If I want an SUV should I go with the Premium crossover or take my chances int he Executive Aisle?
This trip will be mid-September arriving at 10PM. Would the Premium crossover rental guarantee me something at that time of night?
Thanks!
For the same price why not book the SUV? It should generally guarantee you an SUV and you can still pick from the executive area if you find something better there.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by IzzyL
Thanks!
Which day?
I'd book the premium crossover. Last Monday they had no SUVs in the aisle. Come to think of it, the time prior which wasn't a Mon (which are very busy) they didn't have anything at night as well.
Late at night they could have a full aisle but a bad selection. It depends who you get at the front whether they will pull something up for you (they can get it upstairs as well).
So yes, just book your premium crossover.
IzzyL likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:30 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by raychang27
Anyone rented from PDX recently? Going this weekend and was wondering what I could expect (hoping for something with Android Auto so I can nav with my phone)
What did you end up seeing?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 5:05 pm

I returned a longer term rental at PDX a couple days ago. There were 3-4 cars total between EE and EA. And a line of 20 customers waiting to pickup.
Where have all the cars gone?
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by davedeboston
I returned a longer term rental at PDX a couple days ago. There were 3-4 cars total between EE and EA. And a line of 20 customers waiting to pickup.
Yikes, that's concerning. What did you end up driving off in?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
Yikes, that's concerning. What did you end up driving off in?
Fortunately I was just returning, not picking up.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:50 am

Sold off whenever possible. Probably warehoused or parked in shopping malls, stadiums, etc when not.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:50 pm

Went on 2020-07-01 in the early evening.

Nissan Maxima
Ford Fusion x3
Toyota Camry x2
Kia Optima
Nissan Altima x2
Dodge Charger x5
Dodge Challenger
Mazda CX-3
Chevrolet Malibu
Hyundai Sonata
Toyota Sienna

ES was the only aisle, the EA was parked in non-aisle format (there were 3x Infiniti QX80 there).
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Not the worst selection on Friday. Several Grand Cherokee Limited models, a few smaller SUVs, Q50 a few minivans and some standard sedans. Upgrades were a GLC a Q50 (odd since they had one in the aisle) and a Q3. Took a Grand Cherokee
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:10 pm

Had a similar experience as ChiefNWA above. Picked up on Thanksgiving (11/26) around 10am. Both aisles were full. There were no fewer than 4 Q50s in ES (with roughly 10-15K miles each) as well as a Grand Cherokee Limited (~9K miles). Took the Grand Cherokee.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Looks like this location has been quiet for a while. Doing a rental on 2/25. Let's see what the Exec aisle has to offer.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:20 pm

Keep us posted, headed there 3/11, curious how things are looking.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:39 pm

I fly into PDX about once a month. Emerald usually has typical mid size sedans (Corolla, Sentra, small SUV). Executive typically has full size sedans (Camry, Altima, K5, Charger, midsize SUV). In December they were running a special for any upgrade car for $15 per day so I upgraded to a brand new Cadillac SUV. When I was there two weeks ago I checked and EC was the usual midsize cars. I asked if I could upgrade for $15 a day to a BMW (I'm just Emerald). The agent said he would give me any of the regular full size sedans from Exec. I asked if I could upgrade to the small BMW in Exec (it was a 228i). He said I could take it with no problem.

Fun Fact: When I was there in December, Emerald Aisle had a Bronco Sport.

FYI: PDX opened their new RAC facility in November. From baggage claim, go down the escalator and through the tunnel and then up the escalator to street level. National is on the 1st floor.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Landed on Friday for a 2/25-2/27 rental from the Executive Selection aisle. Mostly Full Size sedans and smaller SUV's, and a couple of Dodge Challengers. Was about to head over to Hertz and see what they had when I saw a White BMW 330i with 35k miles. Easy choice right there. Good job PDX!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.