Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drat. No More XM Cars

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Xm

Have a LaCrosse in PIA this week with XM! Had to refuse a "mid-size" Sentra to get it.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Is PIA a franchise location? I've never seen a Nissan in National's corporate fleet.

As for XM, I rented at TPA last week and saw several G6's with the XM antenna. I took a G6 with leather and chrome wheels in lieu of one with XM. No LaCrosse's or SUVs on the Aisle at TPA, as expected.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Last time I was in PIA (a few weeks ago) I got a Nissan Altima... I think it must be a contract location. Have also gotten Altimas in Phoenix.

Generally, they are considered "full size" cars though.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
XM in cars? I just ran across this announcement on Nat'l's site. Maybe they are revamping their inventory with new Pontiacs?

Coming Soon To an Aisle Near You

Over the next few months, National will be introducing XM Satellite Radio to cars on the Emerald Club Aisle beginning with a number of the new Pontiac cars.

XM Satellite Radio offers you more listening choices and gives you the power to choose what you'd like to listen to whenever and wherever you are. XM Public Radio, featuring The Bob Edwards show; ACC, Pac-10 and Big Ten college sports channels; NASCAR2; XM Emergency Alert; and Hear MusicTM, the voice of music at Starbucks, are just a few of the XM's new channels.

So no matter what city you are in, you will always be able to hear your favorite music, news, and sports with a simple touch of the button.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:35 pm

I have XM

The Impala LTZ that I currently have rented has XM. Picked it up in DTW.

I'm almost tired of listening to station 150 - I immediately go there and leave it there for the ongoing comedy play. An attendant in Atlanta told me that they are very careful to not leave the radios on station 150 due to the raw language and humor, but a very large percentage of returns have the radio on that channel.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
I fly into MSP weekly.. before I land I know there will be Impalas and Malibus only. If there are even cars out. Every so often a Trailblazer or Liberty sneaks in....The selection is just awful since May. I used to always get G6s, La Crosses or even had a Grand Am GTP once.. Oh well.. All I can say is they suck and work very hard to keep their level of customer satisfaction low!
Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Picked up a car at IAH this afternoon, and the executive aisle had two Buick Rendevous's with leather seats and XM, and one other that wasn't quite as well equiped. The rest of the executive section looked nice, but I don't remember exactly what was there - just that it wasn't all Malibus and Impalas. I grabbed a Rendevous with leather, wood trim interior, rear entertainment system with DVD, and XM that was brand new and had just under 400 miles on it. All this for about $20 a day including tax with an Entertainment book coupon. Not bad!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Pia

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Is PIA a franchise location? I've never seen a Nissan in National's corporate fleet.

As for XM, I rented at TPA last week and saw several G6's with the XM antenna. I took a G6 with leather and chrome wheels in lieu of one with XM. No LaCrosse's or SUVs on the Aisle at TPA, as expected.
Must be a contract location. The last couple of times I have gone they have tried to stick me with a Sentra. I just come back and say I need something bigger and they give it to me...usually an Impala, but sometimes the LaCrosse of G6.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Was in Chicago this weekend and had an Impala with XM.

It was a brand new Impala LTZ, with 128 miles on it, so possibly there will be more delivered. What caught my eye on the LTZ was the XM antenna. The Impala next to it didn't have it, so you might have to check out the roof to find the XM ones
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by kylethebisch
I just got back from ABQ last week and their Emerald Aisle was full of XM antenna-ed cars. I don't know if they have subscriptions, but the whole aisle was full of G6's...

I rented a CTX in STL Aug 26-28 and it had working XM.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ctuttle
Was in Chicago this weekend and had an Impala with XM.

It was a brand new Impala LTZ, with 128 miles on it, so possibly there will be more delivered. What caught my eye on the LTZ was the XM antenna. The Impala next to it didn't have it, so you might have to check out the roof to find the XM ones
I think I picked up that car this morning! The hang tag said 408 miles. I've been here a few Monday's in a row and today was the first time I've seen the little black roof antenna. At first I thought it might be OnStar but turns out it's XM.

Have been travelling to MKE also recently and have only seen one XM car but only when I'm returning. The check-in clerk told me that the station manager uses it alot.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 4:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by HUB Flyer
I think I picked up that car this morning! The hang tag said 408 miles. I've been here a few Monday's in a row and today was the first time I've seen the little black roof antenna. At first I thought it might be OnStar but turns out it's XM.

Have been travelling to MKE also recently and have only seen one XM car but only when I'm returning. The check-in clerk told me that the station manager uses it alot.
Dang it, you beat me to the car! Had an LTZ at ORD last week with just over 1000 miles on it. Metallic copper colored, black leather, XM, the works. Although it was in the VIP row, I grabbed it anyway and only got charged my regular rate.

I had my eyes open for it this morning, but wound up with a Trailblazer instead, no XM.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
To my surprise, HSV, a pretty small airport with no executive selection, had a G6 with XM yesterday! Granted it's a higher mileage car (25,000 or so) but I wasn't expecting to find one of these at this particular airport.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I got a Malibu in lowly Spokane (GEG) this week and it had XM.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Another Spokane update - this time a bad one. It looks like the XM's are going away. I checked in - they said they had no XMs. Went out - saw the antennas - went back and all the ones that had XM antennas were desginated as "lease returns" that are going away and couldn't be rented out.
Luck was with me though as I saw the attendants park an XM car as I was playing this game and that one was still available for rental. (it had 12K miles on it).
I suspet that I won't get so lucky next time though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.