Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate code price increases?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Corporate code price increases?

Did corporate codes generally get renegotiated as of 7/1? I noticed the one I'm authorized for went up from $30 to $95/day, and my baseline rate with no code is $60. A few other well-known codes on the Internet seem to have gone up as well; wondering if this is a glitch, a contract, or something else.
Auto Enthusiast, joepa26 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:11 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Contracts generally get re-negotiated annually but it's on a rolling basis based on their inception/expiration date. They have all been going up--some quite substantially. It's probably just a coincidence that the ones you looked at all went up around the same time.
Auto Enthusiast, oftech and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:42 pm

Surely this will create a spiral. Company X had $35/day rates before the pandemic. Lots of travel. Cars were plentiful. Now with a car shortage and fewer business travelers, company X gets offered a $95/day contract. Now company X will probably discourage car rentals and encourage employees to look for cheaper alternatives. The following renegotiation shows fewer customers and thus an offering of higher prices.
oftech likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
My corporate code for a rental I was looking at in September was $130 a day. Avis was $50. I love National but $80 a day is more than I can justify. I emailed National and their response was summer rentals are high (I didn't bother to respond back)
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Mine only went up 50 cents this year after 5 years unchanged. Seems like I'm really lucky.
Auto Enthusiast, oftech and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Talk to your company’s CPO not National. They are the one who should know what the correct negotiates rate should be.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:34 pm

I was looking at option in the northeast and noted that my corporate rates increased at EWR and JFK quite substantially. PHL remained the same so guess where I will be flying into. Also did a random sampling of other destinations nationwide and did not see a change apart from the NY area airports.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I noticed this recently on my rate as well. Went to our internal travel website and noticed they had changed to a new code (only off by 1 digit vs. the old one) and my usual rates are back. Not sure what that accomplished, but whatevs...
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Shockingly, rates using my corporate code still haven't gone up. Generally in the $40-50/day range at most airports which is a steal these days.

If only I could use this code for personal rentals, I'd be set! (Unfortunately, our travel department is VERY strict on this - I've asked)
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:48 am

I wonder why. It seems most companies have a code that can be used for both, or separate codes for business and leisure.
bchandler02 and oftech like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:09 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I wonder why. It seems most companies have a code that can be used for both, or separate codes for business and leisure.
Yeah, quite odd. The more the code is used, the better the negotiation goes when it's up for renewal.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Agreed. Our corporate code includes LDW which is the reason we can't use it for personal rentals according to our travel manager, but we have several thousand employees and a great contract with National/Enterprise (we are required to use them unless sold out) so I'm surprised they don't have an alternate contract ID for leisure travel.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:50 am

Just checked my corporate rate and it went down $3/day. We have LDW as well and our travel department advised us that when using the rate for personal travel, we should consider the LDW as 'not applicable'.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Agreed. Our corporate code includes LDW which is the reason we can't use it for personal rentals according to our travel manager, but we have several thousand employees and a great contract with National/Enterprise (we are required to use them unless sold out) so I'm surprised they don't have an alternate contract ID for leisure travel.
That's indeed odd. Our contract does not have a personal code listed, but says something to the effect of 'call us for the code.' I wonder if your travel department just hasn't asked for one. It may be worth asking the question if you think you will use it enough.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
The corporate code I had been using, to which I was no longer entitled, disappeared entirely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.