Discount code question

Old May 5, 2021, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Discount code question

Second-time FT poster here.

My former employer has a discount code for personal use (discounted rates but no insurance included). I applied the code to a recent reservation, which saved several hundred dollars. I still have my badge from the former employer, which has my first name and recent photo. I've never rented from National before.

Here are my questions:

1. If they ask for proof of eligibility at the counter, would my badge suffice, or would they somehow look up my name on a list of current employees?
2. I'm assuming I wouldn't run into issues in the event of an accident since the code doesn't include insurance -- is that true?
3. I've heard that some members can bypass the counter and go straight to the gate. If that's true, would I still be asked for proof of employment?

Thank you for your help!
Old May 5, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Never been asked for proof employment at an airport in 10 years of renting. I have been asked at local stations however.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: AA Gold
I’ve never been asked to prove my employment with any rental with National…though I would be nervous about an accident

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.