2021 LCAR class creep

Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
2021 LCAR class creep

So 2021 is not looking good in the US. Retail rates are now approximately $100 USD/day for any car...even when booked weekly. Another serious issue is the LCAR class creep. The National website now lists the LCAR as a Chrysler 300 or similar... The 300 hasn't been redesigned in a long long time, it wasn't even a great PCAR, and now it's an LCAR?!??! This has the potential to be a major devaluation for Executive and Executive Elite members.

Here is an example of an LCAR for 1 week in CLT.

Luxury

Chrysler 300 or similar

https://i.postimg.cc/RZwkgjFX/LCAR-....png

LCAR

Note: Having trouble getting my attached image to show.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Apr 25, 2021 at 9:28 pm
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:43 am

I think the 300 is a better car than people give it credit for, but I agree it shouldn't be listed as luxury.
xienon, strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
The base 300 has an msrp that is $1k higher than a dodge charger or about 5k higher than a 4 cylinder Camry. Not sure how many base 300/Chargers FCA is able to move at MSRP, I bet there are a lot of incentives for most of the non performance trims.

The 300C was a decent PCAR, depending on what you're into.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Does National even have a meaningful number of 300s these days? IME if you book LCAR right now, you're going to be met with empty parking spots and a negotiation over what they will give you instead.

To me, the bigger problem with National these days is the overall car shortage and the hesitancy to put anything but garbage in the Executive Aisle (though that seems to have improved recently).
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:59 am

In Canada, Chrysler 300s was listed under PXAR/Premium Special, now they change it to Chevrolet Impala as PXAR (same as U.S) but they don't have any Impala or even Maxima available at most places.
It's funny though I've never seen a Chrysler 300 or Impala for a long time.
National Canada still lists Cadillac XTS as LCAR and they never change it. No Cadillacs available here in most locations either.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Hertz has been classifying the 300 as a Luxury for years now, so Enterprise/National probably just matching Hertz.

300's remain very rare in the fleet, only seen 1 so far this year (in S trim) compared to dozens of 3 series, Q50, and A5's.
Ordpc, m907 and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:23 pm

Is this class creep just for Canadian National locations?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is this class creep just for Canadian National locations?
US as well
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:08 am

I have a luxury car reservation with Alamo and gold lot selection at Hertz reserved for an LAX trip later this summer. The trip will be a few weeks and involve a fair amount of coastal driving.
Alamo says Caddy XTS or similar, but the picture shows a Chrysler 300. Does anyone know what Alamo is renting as this class currently, either at LAX or elsewhere?
If it will be something fun like a Q50 or 330, I'll stick with the Alamo reservation. If something luxurious only due to size like a Chrysler or Avalon, I'll probably just stick with my usual Hertz Gold to get more selection.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by TheRas900
I have a luxury car reservation with Alamo and gold lot selection at Hertz reserved for an LAX trip later this summer. The trip will be a few weeks and involve a fair amount of coastal driving.
Alamo says Caddy XTS or similar, but the picture shows a Chrysler 300. Does anyone know what Alamo is renting as this class currently, either at LAX or elsewhere?
If it will be something fun like a Q50 or 330, I'll stick with the Alamo reservation. If something luxurious only due to size like a Chrysler or Avalon, I'll probably just stick with my usual Hertz Gold to get more selection.
I had two luxury reservations with National at MCO last month. I was asked to pick up from the luxury lot of the Alamo. There were Q5, XTS, S60, and 228i. The second time they had multiple 228i and Q50, and a single 330(someone got this before me). I took a Q50 which was a fun car in my opinion and had many useful features for long trips.
Ordpc, xienon, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mc5160
I had two luxury reservations with National at MCO last month. I was asked to pick up from the luxury lot of the Alamo. There were Q5, XTS, S60, and 228i. The second time they had multiple 228i and Q50, and a single 330(someone got this before me). I took a Q50 which was a fun car in my opinion and had many useful features for long trips.
Audi Q5 or Infiniti Q50? I don't much care for the Infinitis.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Audi Q5 or Infiniti Q50? I don't much care for the Infinitis.
They had an Audi Q5 the first time (Sunday morning). There were Infiniti Q50s on Tuesday night the second time.
Kacee and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:49 am

This is helpful to know. The Audi, BMW, Caddy or Volvo you mentioned would be great, Infiniti okay too. Just don't want something too large.

If you have any additional experience with the luxury class at Alamo, please post here. Thanks again Mc5160!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.