Wiki Posts
Search

Renting for Others

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Renting for Others

So I have EE status. My brother is going on a trip snd needs a car. If I rent the car and add him as a driver at checkout do I need to be with the car or can he drive it on his own?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
You need to be the one checking the car out. That’s how it was at least in the past. Your name on the account and credit card.
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and camk500 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:08 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

As long as you are both there at checkout and he's listed as an authorized driver on the contract, he can drive it for the remainder of the rental period and return it on his own. Your only involvement needs to be at the initial checkout.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
As long as you are both there at checkout and he's listed as an authorized driver on the contract, he can drive it for the remainder of the rental period and return it on his own. Your only involvement needs to be at the initial checkout.
I may have to do this later this year, so I'll ask now - does National still allow two simultaneous rentals, where I have two cars out in my name from the same location at the same time? And do both rentals earn EC credits, or just one, or neither? TIA.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by m907
I may have to do this later this year, so I'll ask now - does National still allow two simultaneous rentals, where I have two cars out in my name from the same location at the same time? And do both rentals earn EC credits, or just one, or neither? TIA.
the way I got around this in the past was, having 1 car on national and 1 on enterprise earning national credit. I know you rather stick with national for both tho. I did convince a location once to do it , but they told me they were supposed to. It was a small regional airport. Big airports might be harder
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m907
In my past experience, you will earn credit for all of them.
I've had 3 cars out in my name at one time (2 at the same location and 1 at a different one), and earn credits for all of them.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I had two cars out at the same time from 2 different locations (DAL and MSY) no issues.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:47 am

Similar question my license is expired due to the earliest appointment in a few weeks if I bring a additional driver to the lot will that help matters?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:29 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Similar question my license is expired due to the earliest appointment in a few weeks if I bring a additional driver to the lot will that help matters?
Bringing an additional driver doesn't really help. The rental company wants to see that the primary driver on the rental contract has a valid license. That said, in many places the DMV will allow you to renew online and get a temporary license you can print out until your new one arrives. The rental companies will usually take that, especially if you still have your old expired picture id license.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.