Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at RAP (Rapid City)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Cars at RAP (Rapid City)

Has anyone flown into Rapid City recently that has an update on possible vehicle assignments?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by camk500
Has anyone flown into Rapid City recently that has an update on possible vehicle assignments?
Was there over Memorial Day. No aisle, you'll have to go to the counter. But they recognized my status in person and on the rental jacket. My FCAR became a GMC Acadia. I'd rather hve my pick, but that can be difficult in small locations. At least they set a car aside and go me on my way quickly. Really couldn't complain.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Hate to report not the same experience. The staff was SUPER nice. Acknowledged EE Status and asked what I wanted. Asked what the options were and was told an SUV would be more. Given a Sentra. Asked why I got a compact and was charged for Intermediate. They said all EE was the same price. Showed them it wasn’t and got it updated.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
There were lots of different cars on the lot. Enterprise/National/Alamo uses the same cars (& people too, I think).

Got a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross ES with CA plates on a midsize SUV reservation. Lowest trim, so crappy interior (no automatic lights or driver's seat adjustments), but a decent car otherwise, and did well in the snow. My coworker got a Chevy Equinox.

I then had a one-way booking to Bismarck (intermediate). Given a choice between a Dodge Journey and a Chevy Colorado. Took the former because I had lots of bags, and it was the opposite of the Mitsubishi. Nice enough interior (but weird to have the rear-view camera on the rear-view mirror rather than the center screen IMO) but a terrible car acceleration-wise... just terrible. The Colorado I later saw in the parking lot had a V6 so probably would've been a nicer experience overall.

I saw Jeep Trailhawk 4x4, Corolla, some crappy Nissans, quite a few pick-up trucks. The selection was quite diverse overall.

Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dc9northwest
Given a choice between a Dodge Journey and a Chevy Colorado. Took the former because I had lots of bags, and it was the opposite of the Mitsubishi. Nice enough interior (but weird to have the rear-view camera on the rear-view mirror rather than the center screen IMO) but a terrible car acceleration-wise... just terrible.
It truly amazes me that in 2020 Chrysler was still selling a 7 seat SUV with a 2.4L naturally aspirated I4 and a 4 speed automatic. In fact, the 2020 Journey couldn't be sold in a dozen states b/c it doesn't meet emission requirements. I've driven the V6 version (no longer available in 2020) and it's fine. Never had the misfortune of getting the 4 cyl version even though I'm really curious just how slow it is.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xienon
It truly amazes me that in 2020 Chrysler was still selling a 7 seat SUV with a 2.4L naturally aspirated I4 and a 4 speed automatic. In fact, the 2020 Journey couldn't be sold in a dozen states b/c it doesn't meet emission requirements. I've driven the V6 version (no longer available in 2020) and it's fine. Never had the misfortune of getting the 4 cyl version even though I'm really curious just how slow it is.
Did a test drive a few years ago and it's pretty bad. 0-60 is almost 10 seconds.
Ordpc and xienon like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.