Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

No SUVs available at ATL 10+ days in advance?

Old Oct 21, 20, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE

I need to guarantee an SUV at ATL in about 10 days. Reserving online only gives me the option of economy to full-size cars. No SUVs, no luxury cars, no vans, no trucks.

I'm well aware that I have access to the Executive Selection in which there is a high probability of an SUV being available.

However, if I search a different time period further out, SUVs are available.

Is this the new normal for National? No SUVs bookable 10+ days out of a major station?
Old Oct 21, 20, 11:55 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Yes, it is normal in these abnormal times. We've seen ATL be completely sold out (all companies/all vehicles) a couple of times in the past month or so. People are driving instead of flying on a broad basis and larger vehicles like SUVs and Minivans are in high demand. Couple that with the major rental companies unloading vehicles en masse and you have a supply/demand situation which is resulting in what you are seeing. Probably best to book an SUV with a different company as a backup and try for Exec Selection first. Good luck!
Auto Enthusiast and aww3583 like this.
Old Oct 21, 20, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, National EE, Hertz PC
unless you count a rogue or an equinox as an SUV, I would definitely NOT assume you'll get an SUV in the Exec area.
definitely best to cover your bases with another provider
Old Oct 21, 20, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Yes, it is normal in these abnormal times. We've seen ATL be completely sold out (all companies/all vehicles) a couple of times in the past month or so. People are driving instead of flying on a broad basis and larger vehicles like SUVs and Minivans are in high demand. Couple that with the major rental companies unloading vehicles en masse and you have a supply/demand situation which is resulting in what you are seeing. Probably best to book an SUV with a different company as a backup and try for Exec Selection first. Good luck!
Interesting. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: