Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Experiences using car seat / child seat on one way rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

Hi,

Next year I need to rent a car with the family from Atlanta to Savannah.

When I search a one-way rental Atlanta to Savannah I don't get an option to add a child car seat. However, if I search Atlanta to Atlanta the option does come up and I can secure two for my kids. I'll be using a National Free Day credit so the fee will be the same whether I return in-town or do a one-way within the same day.

Has anyone had an experience renting as an in-town rental but then ultimately returning in another city with a car seat? Beyond paying for the daily rate for the car seat is there an extra charge?

Best regards,

Beofotch
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:26 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You can just request a child seat at the location when you pick up. Requesting it beforehand doesn't really do anything in terms of the location setting one aside for you or anything like that. It's more just a notation on the reservation. They don't often run out of them, so there's not much risk of that, and even then, they could always pull one from sister companies Enterprise or Alamo in a pinch.

There is no extra charge for a one-way rental. You just pay the daily rental fee+tax for it.

Hope this helps!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You can just request a child seat at the location when you pick up. Requesting it beforehand doesn't really do anything in terms of the location setting one aside for you or anything like that. It's more just a notation on the reservation. They don't often run out of them, so there's not much risk of that, and even then, they could always pull one from sister companies Enterprise or Alamo in a pinch.

There is no extra charge for a one-way rental. You just pay the daily rental fee+tax for it.

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I've rented one before on a one-way and they don't even ask to see your reservations when you ask them for one. Just remember the seats they have are cheap with thin padding so not very comfortable for long trips.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.