Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

National apparently buying parts of Hertz fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National apparently buying parts of Hertz fleet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:01 am

Remember that a lot of cars were parked in storage for weeks or months, so the odometer doesn't necessarily indicate the age of the car the way it used to.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:28 pm

Anybody know how old the fleet is for national. I really don't wnat a banged up old car, heard national has the newest fleet. anybody have information on that?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by m907
What did you do for EHI, if you don't mind me asking?
Corporate account manager. Started as a car prep in college (awesome part-time gig for a college kid) and went through their management training program after graduation. That was pre-merger, so it's a completely different company now.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by xienon
Has anyone gotten a car from National that's less than 6 months old or less than 10k miles recently? I think they stopped all deliveries of new cars in March and haven't gotten any since. You can tell when a car was assembled by looking at the VIN plate on the pillar behind the front door on all cars except for FCA products (on the front door itself for FCA)
I had a Caravan a couple weeks ago with only 3,000 miles on it.. had been in fleet since February.
Auto Enthusiast and crillman like this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Got an Outlander with 2k miles that was registered in Aug. Car was built in January so was likely sitting on a lot for quite some time.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Update on brand new cars: The neighborhood location near me got a delivery of half a dozen each new Kia K5's (LXS trim - one step above base) and Mitsu Outlanders (mainly SEL)
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
Update on brand new cars: The neighborhood location near me got a delivery of half a dozen each new Kia K5's (LXS trim - one step above base) and Mitsu Outlanders (mainly SEL)
Unfortunately Kia/Hyundai rentals always seem to be base trim or close to it.
xienon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.