Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volvo S60 - trying to find

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Volvo S60 - trying to find

Looking to see if anyone knows the best way to find out if a location has a specific model car without physically visiting the location? Does the reservation line have access to the inventory, or is there a way to get directly in touch with the location?
I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on a Volvo S60 for the weekend, and am trying to track this model down. Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:18 am

They were rare before the coronavirus and probably rare to non-existent now.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:37 pm

The reservation line is the WORST idea - I've had clients tell me they were PROMISED "a red Impala with a black leather interior" by the reservation line. They have no access to our inventory and this can change daily.

Your best bet is to find a LOCAL number for the office in which you'd like to pick up and ask to speak to one of the assistant managers or branch manager. Explain what you're looking for and we can check in Odyssey to see what's due back in and when. HOWEVER - this is not gospel; we may see that we have 4 S60's due back on Thursday. But one could return damaged, one could return a day early and be re-rented, one could extend their rental and one could drop off at another location without letting us know.

In my 22 years of being in the car rental business the first commandment is "never guarantee a specific make or model of car". If you call and they have one there right at that second ask the management team nicely if they could hold it for half and hour and get there and rent it ASAP!

Last edited by JasYHZ; Aug 1, 2020 at 10:01 am
Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I believe all the Volvos are gone, I haven't seen one since March. They were all program cars returned to the manufacturer. Lots of former rentals available on Volvo CPO site now.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Instead of National, could you rent one either from a dealership or from an Enterprise or whatever rental agency that is co-located at a dealership order to supply loaner vehicles for service appointments? Many of the higher end car dealerships have such service and the contract at my car dealer is that the loaner or rental vehicles there must be the same brand, although I've never paid much attention to the specific distribution of models they carry (but they're new and nice, usually low mileage too, loaded or at least with reasonable options).
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I'd try Turo if you need something specific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.