Checking Tire Tread Depth at Exit Booth?

Old Jun 17, 20, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A list, UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Checking Tire Tread Depth at Exit Booth?

I picked up a Challenger R/T from the Executive Aisle at MEM today. At the exit booth the agent checked the tread depth on the rear tire only. I have never had that happen before even though I had other SSAR class cars like the Mustang GT, Camaro SS or Mazda Miata. I did not ask the agent why she was doing that. Has anyone else had their tire tread checked?
Old Jun 18, 20, 6:02 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Personally I'd welcome that. Especially on those vehicles where many renters are busy doing smoky burnouts at every traffic light. I can't count how many times I've received vehicles with substandard tire tread that I was either too rushed/tired to check when a vehicle was picked up at night, only to find out the next morning I'm riding on bald tires.
Old Jun 18, 20, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A list, UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dwbf11 View Post
Personally I'd welcome that. Especially on those vehicles where many renters are busy doing smoky burnouts at every traffic light. I can't count how many times I've received vehicles with substandard tire tread that I was either too rushed/tired to check when a vehicle was picked up at night, only to find out the next morning I'm riding on bald tires.
I agree, but that should be something that is checked while the car is cleaned and prepared for the next customer. I had a Camaro SS with front All Season tires and rear summer tires once.
Old Jun 23, 20, 4:21 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by Putnik View Post
I agree, but that should be something that is checked while the car is cleaned and prepared for the next customer. I had a Camaro SS with front All Season tires and rear summer tires once.
It would be nice if they checked. I had a Camaro SS out of LAX with the front/rear tires swapped and rotated incorrectly. The 275's on the front and 245's on the rear. Lol
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 27, 20, 3:27 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Ha, I had this happen at Denver Airport a few years ago. I left the lot and heard something slapping against the ground as a pulled away. When I pulled over the rear tires were basically down to the steel belts and chunks of tire coming loose. I'm sure no one here is surprised it was a Charger R/T.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 1, 20, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, National Executive
Originally Posted by Putnik View Post
Challenger R/T... Mustang GT, Camaro SS
>checking tires for burnouts
Hmmm I can only wonder why...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: