National/Alamo Fleet Thread

Old Feb 25, 20, 1:54 am
Original Poster

National/Alamo Fleet Thread

There is a fleet thread for Hertz and Avis but none for National that I can find, so I'm starting one.
Old Feb 25, 20, 1:55 am
Original Poster

I saw the "new" Chrysler Voyager at BOS a few days ago. It is basically the old model Pacifica, which they are going to keep making for fleets. It was decently equipped with leather seats and the regular 8" nav screen. I hope National will carry the new Pacifica though, and with AWD!
Old Feb 26, 20, 8:34 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
We have a ride reports thread...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 26, 20, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11 View Post
Right, but that's not the same as a general fleet thread.
Old Feb 26, 20, 12:05 pm

Actually it is. If someone wants to see what constitutes an FCAR, the designations are all next to the vehicle reports. Or they're reported in the specific location threads.
Old Feb 28, 20, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Actually it is. If someone wants to see what constitutes an FCAR, the designations are all next to the vehicle reports. Or they're reported in the specific location threads.
Classifications don't matter as much for National because of the aisle locations. I meant this to be for things like the Chrysler Voyager entering the fleet, the influx of Dodge Chargers, etc.
Old Oct 17, 20, 1:51 am
Original Poster

I spotted the 2021 Chevy Tahoe at DCA the other day. It was in LT trim.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Oct 18, 20, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTT | IHG Mbr| Hertz 5 Star | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
...If someone wants to see what constitutes an FCAR, the designations are all next to the vehicle reports. Or they're reported in the specific location threads.
That thread seems a little out of date--are those really all the models/model years in the National fleet?
Old Oct 19, 20, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by AAir_head View Post
That thread seems a little out of date--are those really all the models/model years in the National fleet?
It is as up-to-date as the users' posts who contribute the information. Most of the vehicles still in the fleet are MY19 or MY20, with a few MY18 still kicking around.
AAir_head and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Oct 28, 20, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

I've been seeing a bunch of new 2020 Chrysler Pacificas popping up, so National may be ordering the last of the old models. I hope they keep ordering the new model, and not just the Voyager.
Old Nov 1, 20, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Are there any new car deliveries starting to happen with any regularity?

My long term Sixt rental is coming to an end at the end of December, and I want to prepare my transition back to National.

I rent in the Southern California area and was hoping for a hybrid of some kind, but absent that option, a newer loaded Altima would be a fuel saving option with at least some bells and whistles.

Iím just concerned about the general lack of inventory Iíve noticed anytime Iíve driven past an airport location with generally empty aisles or old high mileage junk cars.
Old Nov 2, 20, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post

My long term Sixt rental is coming to an end at the end of December, and I want to prepare my transition back to National.

I rent in the Southern California area and was hoping for a hybrid of some kind, but absent that option, a newer loaded Altima would be a fuel saving option with at least some bells and whistles.

Iím just concerned about the general lack of inventory Iíve noticed anytime Iíve driven past an airport location with generally empty aisles or old high mileage junk cars.
I've seen a lot of new Pacificas enter the fleet in the last month. There have been a ton of base trim Kia K5s. PIT got ten Volvo S60s last month but that seems like an anomaly.
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Nov 2, 20, 9:22 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor

Have you priced out National yet? May want to keep other options open before you transition back given current fleet status and through the roof pricing at National. I assume Sixt isn't giving the screaming deals they were during the spring anymore but National's pricing in checks I do since about May is 40-50% out of line, even higher than Avis and Hertz when previously they trended the same.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 2, 20, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
Have you priced out National yet? May want to keep other options open before you transition back given current fleet status and through the roof pricing at National. I assume Sixt isn't giving the screaming deals they were during the spring anymore but National's pricing in checks I do since about May is 40-50% out of line, even higher than Avis and Hertz when previously they trended the same.
I have a fixed-rate corporate deal with National/Enterprise, so while it's quite a bit higher than Sixt, it is still much less than current National retail. I asked Sixt about extending, because stupid me, I didn't book for an entire period of 12 months, but they told me no, I need a new reservation at today's current rates, and that will place Sixt above National for cost.
Old Nov 3, 20, 12:04 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I have a fixed-rate corporate deal with National/Enterprise, so while it's quite a bit higher than Sixt, it is still much less than current National retail. I asked Sixt about extending, because stupid me, I didn't book for an entire period of 12 months, but they told me no, I need a new reservation at today's current rates, and that will place Sixt above National for cost.
Interesting Sixt is no longer willing to negotiate on this sort of thing. Let's face it, six months ago, it was tough to predict where we'd be today.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: