Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/Alamo Fleet Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:10 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by m907
I recently drove the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L for the first time. They seem to be slowly popping up in the fleet. The old model was one of my favorites to rent so I was excited. It's a very sharp-looking car (though it looks less like a Jeep). This one had captain's chairs in the second row and a bench in the third. Leg room seemed pretty paltry, but that was the only real negative. It's a remarkably smooth ride, the interior looks good, the seats are comfortable, the powertrain is capable, real-world MPG is slightly better, etc. I'm hoping the new model becomes as common across the fleet as the old one.
i just saw one on the lot for the first time. Almost snagged it to swap out my XT5 with (monthly rental). It seemed huge though, did it feel like driving a boat compared to the two row version?

i skipped it once I saw the rear bumper was scraped up pretty bad and big scratch on the passenger door. Didn’t want that to come back and haunt me later.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:15 pm

Heading to PDX later this month and have a 2 week reservation for “Standard Elite SUV” at Alamo - does anyone know what I can expect? Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot732
Heading to PDX later this month and have a 2 week reservation for “Standard Elite SUV” at Alamo - does anyone know what I can expect? Thanks!
q3/x2 fall under that category , both are base trim and the q3 even has a turn key ignition . The x2 doesn't support Android auto, only carplay
xienon, Ordpc and Pilot732 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigshooter
i just saw one on the lot for the first time. Almost snagged it to swap out my XT5 with (monthly rental). It seemed huge though, did it feel like driving a boat compared to the two row version?
I haven't driven the 2022 two-row so I couldn't compare those. It didn't feel any heftier than the 2021 and prior.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigshooter

i skipped it once I saw the rear bumper was scraped up pretty bad and big scratch on the passenger door. Didn’t want that to come back and haunt me later.
I have now driven both the regular Grand Cherokee and the L within less than a week of each other. Back to back, the difference is significant. The L feels much bigger and heavier to drive. I averaged 22 mpg over mostly solo 70-80 mph driving. The L is still quiet and smooth, but feels closer to an Expedition than an Explorer.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Weird question - I have been keeping an eye on Alamo rates for an upcoming rental- primarily interested in the Premium Elite and Full Sized Elite sedans and yesterday and today there is no description (aka its blank) for that option next to the picture of the BMW 5 series and it still has a price and you can select but it won’t show the class of car are renting which stopped me from proceeding because I always want that stated in the reservation
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: BCAA
LAX Standard SUV

Flying into LAX in 3 weeks, anyone know what cars Alamo have on their standard SUV aisle?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Any Teslas showing up yet in the Emerald Aisle?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:55 pm

Be going to MCO in december Anyone have knowledge of whats available with Alamo in the Luxury category? Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:53 am

Standard Elite in SFO?

I'm heading to SFO in a few weeks and reserved a standard Elite. This is listed as BMW228 or similar. Anyone know what I can expect?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Premium Specialty at ORD?

Any information on what types of cars would be in the Premium, or Premium Specialty aisles at ORD? Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott GfL
Hopefully the right thread for this question - does anyone know what class a Mazda CX-5 would fall into when renting from National in the UK?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:33 am

Summer 2023 Canada Fleet

xxxxx

Last edited by JasYHZ; Apr 23, 2023 at 9:06 pm
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:36 am

I thought Lincoln Nautilus is a UFAR, which makes the aviator, more than UFAR? Or are they both in the same category?

The expedition seems to be mostly in limited trim, where the Tahoe are all in LT(pretty stripped)
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:26 pm

Aren't a lot of small cars getting discontinued for the North American market? Will there be something to replace the Spark, Accent, Rio, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.