Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/Alamo Fleet Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Driving a Q3 right now and have mixed feelings about it. It handles well but it's kind of slow and lacks common features like push-button start (the horror of having to twist the key to start!), remote sensors for locking/unlocking doors, SXM, blind spot, adaptive cruise (I know none of the German cars at National have this).

But it does come with a pano sunroof, power hatch, and LCD instrument cluster. And the interior was brown, so much more premium looking than black.

Also saw adaptive cruise on a 2021 Compass Limited too. The FCA adaptive cruise sensor is pretty noticeable (it looks like a security camera housing)
m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xienon
Driving a Q3 right now and have mixed feelings about it. It handles well but it's kind of slow and lacks common features like push-button start (the horror of having to twist the key to start!), remote sensors for locking/unlocking doors, SXM, blind spot, adaptive cruise (I know none of the German cars at National have this).

But it does come with a pano sunroof, power hatch, and LCD instrument cluster. And the interior was brown, so much more premium looking than black.

Also saw adaptive cruise on a 2021 Compass Limited too. The FCA adaptive cruise sensor is pretty noticeable (it looks like a security camera housing)
I can think of a dozen "non-luxury" cars I'd rather drive than a Q3. I was shocked at how unimpressive it was - hard pleather seats, weak engine, lackluster infotainment, etc.
xienon, funnyfarm299 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:14 am

Does anybody know if National/Enterprise/Alamo still have MItsubishi Mirages in their fleet (In Canada)? I'm 22 and going to rent a car in the coming few months and the young driver fee completely limits my options. Depending on day of the week/time, the cheapest could be an Economy, Intermediate or Full Size.

I just need Apple CarPlay. I think most if not all subcompact/compact/midsize cars have it standard now. But the Mirage that doesn't even have bluetooth in some trims. So I'd be ok with a Chevy Spark but not a Mirage.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ThePathfinder
Does anybody know if National/Enterprise/Alamo still have MItsubishi Mirages in their fleet (In Canada)? I'm 22 and going to rent a car in the coming few months and the young driver fee completely limits my options. Depending on day of the week/time, the cheapest could be an Economy, Intermediate or Full Size.

I just need Apple CarPlay. I think most if not all subcompact/compact/midsize cars have it standard now. But the Mirage that doesn't even have bluetooth in some trims. So I'd be ok with a Chevy Spark but not a Mirage.
Never seen a Mitsubishi Mirage...In ON or QC, they usually have chevy spark available in ECAR.
If you are under 25, I would suggest to purchase a AAA membership and rent with Hertz
All you need to do is to register with a U.S address (can be a hotel or friend's place).
If Hertz needs to validate the AAA card, show them the digital one on your APP.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by jizen
Never seen a Mitsubishi Mirage...In ON or QC, they usually have chevy spark available in ECAR.
If you are under 25, I would suggest to purchase a AAA membership and rent with Hertz
All you need to do is to register with a U.S address (can be a hotel or friend's place).
If Hertz needs to validate the AAA card, show them the digital one on your APP.
Hopefully that’s the same for Alberta! Thanks for the AAA tip but I think I’ll just bite the bullet and get screwed by the underage fee. I don’t rent enough to justify the $73 USD fee since I have my own car. This is just for a one-off out of province trip. Flying in + rental car + hotel is actually cheaper than the gas alone if I drove my own car from Toronto.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:00 am
Original Poster

While returning at PIT I saw an employee pulling a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid out of the returns.

I also saw a RAM 1500 Rebel on the aisle. I've only seen one or two in Rebel trim; this one had a base interior though.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:31 am

Álamo Standard SUV

Do you know what’s currently in Alamo’s lineup of Standard SUVs? I’m renting from Houston’s airport in a couple of weeks and would like to know what to expect. Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:59 pm

Had a very sweet experience today at MSY with Alamo. Frustrated with horrible Hertz situation, I booked last minute on the app and was directed to skip the counter and go straight to the lot. This was apparently wrong, because I had no paperwork but the VERY nice booth attendant was like "lets see what we can do"- I had reserved a Full Size, and there was literally just one solitary white Camry sitting there (there were zero other sedans anywhere that I could see-- looked like mostly minivans and large SUVs). She looked around and said "You see that Explorer back there? Take it."

so i rolled out in a 2021 Explorer from Kentucky - 23k miles on it but drives real nice. And of course, as always, rental Fords are always pimped out- sunroof, leather, Sirius, remote-everything.

My receipt says that his is a STANDARD SUV to answer the above question- but then whats an Edge? Whats a Bronco (which the couple in front of me in line got)? Most other companies have the Explorer as a more premium/XL vehicle but they are classifying it as Standard SUV so... who knows? I did see a bunch of Equinox and 4Runners in the return aisle.
Ordpc and Luis Molina like this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:37 pm

Alamo’s current lineup for Standard SUVs

Hello everyone! Do you have the most updated list of the Standard SUV category from Alamo? Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
Originally Posted by Luis Molina
Hello everyone! Do you have the most updated list of the Standard SUV category from Alamo? Thanks!
i rented from MCO earlier this year and I got a GMC Terrain as a standard SUV. They also offered Dodge Journey and Ford Edge to me for that class.
Ordpc and Luis Molina like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:43 pm

Alamo Full size Car

Hello,
Im traveling to FLL next week and rented a Full size vehicle. I got some questions, maybe you could help,

I just subscribe to Emerald Club and Use my Company contract number to get an extra discount, so my first question is: If i rent a full size but see something better at the emerald aisle could i get it? or i gotta stick with the ones in the full size section.
The other questions is: what cars can i find in the full section section and which would you recommend. Any chance to get a Convertible in this section, maybe giving a tip to some of the people in the parking lot?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
If you booked with Alamo, you have no access to the Aisle.

If you booked with National, you have access to the Emerald Aisle with no status and Executive Aisle with Executive status or higher.
You must book a midsize or higher for Aisle access. I typically book full size and take whatever I like from the Aisle. The receipt will adjust to the midsize rate automatically.
You do not need to give a tip to parking attendants.

You can find recent visits at FLL here. Generally, don't expect much these days with peak travel season / low inventory.
Cars at FLL
joepa26, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:22 am
Original Poster

If anyone needed confirmation that National is buying used cars, I spotted a 2019 Acura TLX complete with stickers from the used car dealer on the back on a National lot. It was marked as a full size elite.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

ATL has the Polestar 2 electric car. An employee said they received a bunch of them and they've been putting them out as upgrades, but nobody wants them.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:08 pm

Renting from National for this incoming weekend at ORD. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the realistic expectation for the Premium Crossover class.

I basically need a 7 seaters with adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.