Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Can I rent multiple National cars at the same time?

Old Jan 27, 20, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; Marriott LTT; National Car Executive Elite

I have some co-workers coming in from out of town for a few days.

Can I rent multiple National cars for them at the same time? Our company rate allows up to 9 extra drivers at no cost. I am Executive Elite right now, think I'll be downgraded to Executive by the time they arrive.
Will I get multiple credit towards National elite status?
Old Jan 27, 20, 11:08 am

The answer is "maybe".

I've had to rent multiple cars simultaneously on my corporate contract twice before. Both times were for rentals picked up at different locations (one airport/ one local) but with cars out simultaneously. The first occasion was a local pickup (National) first and then another pickup at the airport. No problems, and earned credits for both rentals. The second example, however, I was denied pickup at a local office (National at a combined Alamo/National/Enterprise branch) when I already had an airport rental out. Thankfully had another co-worker with me, and had no problem with putting him on that rental agreement.
Old Jan 28, 20, 8:51 am

I believe you can as long as you're physically present at checkout to add the additional drivers (check one out and add a driver, then go back and repeat). I'm not sure about getting credits for both.
Old Jan 29, 20, 8:58 am

You're not supposed to be able to, but sometimes it happens. I booked 2 rentals (1 with "free days" and 1 with "1-2-Free" free days), with my name on one and my wife's name on the other in LAS. I pulled up to the gate with her in the car behind me and mentioned it to the gate agent and they said, "Odd, they're not supposed to let you do that, but whatever" and let us both out. I wouldn't count on it though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: