Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Used free rental days at CDG, invoiced 1410 Euros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???

I rented a vehicle at CDG for a week using five free rental days and expecting to pay 100 Euro for the other two days. I returned the vehicle fully tanked up. I was expecting an invoice of approximately 275 Euros to cover insurance, taxes, airport return, etc. I was billed 1410 Euros on my credit card. Does this sound correct? I submitted a request to National for a review, but have not heard back.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How many miles (or kilometers) did you drive? Assuming that you also returned the car to CDG, this could be the issue in that free days might come with only a limited number of free miles/kilometers. Check the T&C for your free days.

How did you return the car? Was there a staff member present to do the inspection for damages? Did you get a receipt at the time? Or was a receipt showing itemized charges emailed to you and, if so, how long after you returned the car?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
We drove 1021 km for the week and the rental covered 1000 km, so we were over by 21km.

Car was returned without and damage fully fueled. A staff member inspected the vehicle and found no damage. The receipts was emailed to me later in the evening of the return.

Some itemized charges were:

Temps et kilometrage for 7 days at 49.67 Euro per day or 347.69 Euro for the week
Insurance came out to 60.69 Euro for the week
Excedent was 125 Euro for the week
Airport premium location was 34.5 Euro
Sat navigation was 28 Euro

Add this up, comes nowhere close to 1400 Euro, so unsure what happened. Hopefully, I will receive a response from National
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The time and distance charges for all seven days look obviously wrong. I don't know what "expedient" is; do you?

Could some of these amounts, such as sat nav and insurance, be per day instead of per week?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were you charged or is it just a hold?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Were you charged or is it just a hold?
OP says it was a receipt sent by email in the evening of the day the car was returned. A hold would usually be done at the time the car leaves the lot or earlier.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP says it was a receipt sent by email in the evening of the day the car was returned. A hold would usually be done at the time the car leaves the lot or earlier.
No - op said the receipts total was nowhere near 1400..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.