Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I think the promo is back on, at least the links i found on various blogs worked for me yesterday (Feb 7). I did it while en route to PSP and used it to rent a car there. No problems at all, was instant.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
No, I think the question was about the promo for new Emerald Club members with the Amex promotion, supposed to earn a free day after their first rental.
Correct. It was new members that get EE through Amex promo and then use an Amex card to pay for their first trip would get a free day.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Has anyone who used the same promo for EE last year, gotten the new link to work and extend EE expiry to Feb 2022?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just stumbled across this. The link worked for me (thanks Flyertalk!), but I have a question about the 5 credits.

It looks like if I rent once by Feb 29, I get 5 bonus credits which turns into 1 free day. Can that rental be Enterprise or Alamo, or does it have to be specifically a National-branded rental? Just wondering if I need to schlep out to the airport and grab a car for a day or if I can go to the Enterprise 2 miles from my house and get one. (Either way it's probably worth it.)
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by mctrees02
Has anybody received the free rental day credit yet? Completed a rental January 20, paid with Amex but so far have only received a single credit towards a free day.

I had an Emerald number already but this was my first rental.
Same question here - has anyone actually received the one-time free rental credit for paying with an Amex?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by troyb
Same question here - has anyone actually received the one-time free rental credit for paying with an Amex?
I suggest new members not wait - and call this one in. It's really not clear what National's system is with crediting AMEX promo...I had similar happen with AVIS's AMEX PLATINUM promo 2 years ago (promo was listed on Autoslash blog - but no one seemed to know the promo). Needless to say, I never got free weekend certificate
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I just stumbled across this. The link worked for me (thanks Flyertalk!), but I have a question about the 5 credits.

It looks like if I rent once by Feb 29, I get 5 bonus credits which turns into 1 free day. Can that rental be Enterprise or Alamo, or does it have to be specifically a National-branded rental? Just wondering if I need to schlep out to the airport and grab a car for a day or if I can go to the Enterprise 2 miles from my house and get one. (Either way it's probably worth it.)
It has to be with National. If it didn't then the terms would say so.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:46 pm

Anyone else see their rates go up dramatically because of the account change? I just signed up for this promo and got EE status through 2/2022. I did not realize that the AMEX account would replace my pre-existing corporate account.

For kicks, I did a mock reservation for the same dates that I had just booked last Wednesday. My weekly rate went from $165 to ~ $275. I also lost a side benny which was CDW included at no charge.

This is a work expense, so it doesn't come out of my pocket, but still...

On a side note: if I can't reverse the change, will the EE benefits apply to my previous reservation which was using just a standard Emerald status?

Last edited by plam1365; Feb 17, 2020 at 4:22 pm Reason: More details.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: Free agent
I have the same question. If I book a normal reservation (Removing the AMEX EE code) will I still get the Exec Elite benefits?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I have the same question. If I book a normal reservation (Removing the AMEX EE code) will I still get the Exec Elite benefits?
Yes. The status is attached to your membership, not the contract ID.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:00 am

Great to know, I'll never be using that again!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I don't get YOUR conclusion. All one needs to do for each reservation is remove AMEX ID and enter your corpID code in its place. Takes 5 seconds. Elite status stays until its expiry
? That's exactly what I'm going to do...
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by troyb
To answer my own question, I just emailed Emerald Club and they responded within a day, adding 4 additional credits to my account (for a total of 5).
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Has anyone who used the same promo last year gotten this to work to extend their status? Mine still shows expiry Feb 2021.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
Has anyone who used the same promo last year gotten this to work to extend their status? Mine still shows expiry Feb 2021.
I used the worse link last year (Executive only), and this year's (used thankfully not before 1/1/2020) gave me EE to 2022...I've seen no report of person who used the better link (EE) last year and was extended this year
SoroSuub1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.