Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

XM on reservation, selected a car w/o XM - Automatic Refund?

Old Dec 22, 19, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

I currently have a three day rental from National. When I booked the car I selected the satellite radio option. Satellite radio is not something I would normally pay extra for but in this case adding satellite radio would get me enough points on the 1-2-Free promotion for an additional day. It turns out I took a car without satellite radio. I was tired and I never thought that a Jaguar would NOT have Satellite radio. Will I receive an automatic refund and also lose the extra 300 points? I would rather keep the points and pay the 18 dollars.
Old Dec 23, 19, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by gruntermen View Post
I currently have a three day rental from National. When I booked the car I selected the satellite radio option. Satellite radio is not something I would normally pay extra for but in this case adding satellite radio would get me enough points on the 1-2-Free promotion for an additional day. It turns out I took a car without satellite radio. I was tired and I never thought that a Jaguar would NOT have Satellite radio. Will I receive an automatic refund and also lose the extra 300 points? I would rather keep the points and pay the 18 dollars.
Typical European luxury brand - they make optional what's standard in $20k cars.

My guess is that you will get 1-2-F points for it anyway.
Old Dec 23, 19, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907 View Post
Typical European luxury brand - they make optional what's standard in $20k cars.

My guess is that you will get 1-2-F points for it anyway.
At least it had heated seats. Hertz gave me an XF that did not even have that.

The XM was not on my receipt when I returned the car. If I get the extra points. I doubt I will get the extra points.
Old Dec 24, 19, 1:16 am

At least it had heated seats. Hertz gave me an XF that did not even have that.

The XM was not on my receipt when I returned the car. If I get the extra points. I doubt I will get the extra points.
If it's not on the receipt then you won't get it.

For what it's worth, you can get the 300 points for adding SXM to a one-day rental, so you only pay $6.
Old Dec 24, 19, 2:47 am

If it's not on the receipt then you won't get it.

For what it's worth, you can get the 300 points for adding SXM to a one-day rental, so you only pay $6.
Can I get the XM bonus on a One day non qualifying (free day) rental?
Old Dec 24, 19, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Hmmm.... offer details on my dashboard say that you only get points for adding XM to a "qualifying rental". I had interpreted that to mean two days or more. Not that I would object if National chooses to give me more points then I had expected.

Originally Posted by pickles1107 View Post
Can I get the XM bonus on a One day non qualifying (free day) rental?
I got the 75 points for using the App to make a free day rental but the terms for that opportunity don't limit it to "qualifying rentals." I wonder if adding XM to a free day rental would trigger a rental credit.
Old Dec 24, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Hmmm.... offer details on my dashboard say that you only get points for adding XM to a "qualifying rental". I had interpreted that to mean two days or more. Not that I would object if National chooses to give me more points then I had expected.

I got the 75 points for using the App to make a free day rental but the terms for that opportunity don't limit it to "qualifying rentals." I wonder if adding XM to a free day rental would trigger a rental credit.
Adding XM to a one day rental gets the 300 1-2-F points.

Also the 75 points for booking through the app, as widely reported here, works on a one day rental.

So you can get 375 1-2-F points for a single one day rental if you add the XM.
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
Adding XM to a one day rental gets the 300 1-2-F points.

Also the 75 points for booking through the app, as widely reported here, works on a one day rental.

So you can get 375 1-2-F points for a single one day rental if you add the XM.
I did a one day rental with XM and got the 300 points. Initial car I picked up didn't have XM, was told at checkout they will waive the fees for XM. But didn't want to risk it for the points. So I went back and picked up another car with XM at PHL. Got all the points for a free day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: