Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

EE banked free day not applying to certain classes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I was under the impression that Executive Elite banked free days could be applied to any class of car, except for exotic vehicles. However, upon creating a dummy reservation I was surprised to find that the banked free day was not applicable to standard elite SUVs (like a Q3), full size elite cars (like a Q50), and large Executive Luxury SUVs (like an Escalade). I recall that I was previously able to do so. Stealth devaluation?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:41 am

Vehicles with special naming like "Elite" & "Executive" has always been exempt from free days. National seems to peg them into a special category that equals exotics on restrictions.
Joonydell and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:21 am

Maybe they're just not available at that location and/or for that date?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907
Maybe they're just not available at that location and/or for that date?
Positive they're not sold out on those dates. Checked random off-peak dates.

And I'm fairly certain that fullsize elite and standard elite used to be bookable using a free day? I've definitely rented those vehicles in the past using a banked EE free day.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
My similar thread

Website/Central Reservations/CSR unable to book EE free days for high level vehicles
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:07 pm

I was able to reserve a premium elite suv last week.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I'd call and try and reserve over the phone. Just got off the phone with National and was able to reserve a Premium Elite SUV (BMW X3) using my free day as an EE.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I'd call and try and reserve over the phone. Just got off the phone with National and was able to reserve a Premium Elite SUV (BMW X3) using my free day as an EE.
Premium Elite SUV is available via the website as well. It's the other Elite classes that aren't available over the phone or on the website
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Premium Elite SUV is available via the website as well. It's the other Elite classes that aren't available over the phone or on the website
This. Thank you.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by jasonvr
If they aren't available over the phone or the website sounds like they removed them. Not sure if anyone has had any success trying to change at the counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.