One or two locations at MSP?

Old Nov 4, 19, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
One or two locations at MSP?

Many months ago, I made a booking for late November 2019 to pick up at MSP Terminal 2 (Humphrey). This was listed as a distinct location on National's website from Terminal 1 (Lindbergh).

A few weeks ago, I got an email from National confirming the reservation but listing Terminal 1 as the pick up location. When I check the reservation online, Terminal 2 is still listed as the pick up point.

Did National have a Terminal 2 location and then close it? I called National corporate line but the agent had only vague information that there is some unspecified "change" going on at MSP and to wait for further confirmation emails. I tried calling the MSP location directly but of course it's a robo phone tree that only directs you to the corporate booking line.

Just wondering if there are any eyewitness accounts.
Old Nov 4, 19, 10:13 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

It doesn't matter whether your reservation is booked for Terminal 1 or Terminal 2--you can pick up at either one with the same reservation. Vehicles are not pre-assigned and your reservation is valid at either terminal so no difference.
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
It does matter if the Terminal 2 location is permanently closed, because then no cars will be there at all. When I search National's site the Terminal 2 location isn't listed anymore. I'm assuming now that the only National location at MSP is T1.
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:46 am

I didn't know MSP had multiple rental car facilities. MCO was the only one I knew about. Are there others in the U.S.?
Old Nov 6, 19, 1:03 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by mrcool1122 View Post
It does matter if the Terminal 2 location is permanently closed, because then no cars will be there at all. When I search National's site the Terminal 2 location isn't listed anymore. I'm assuming now that the only National location at MSP is T1.
Sorry, misread the question. It looks like both National and Alamo at MSP T2 have closed. You would need to take the tram to the car rental facility if arriving at terminal 2.

Search this Thread