Amex Upgrade to EE & Retain Corporate Benefits

Old Oct 16, 19, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Amex Upgrade to EE & Retain Corporate Benefits

I'm looking to use the American Express benefit to upgrade my Emerald Club account to Executive Elite. As an existing Emerald Club member, my profile is tied to a corporate "account number", which gives me a pretty good discount on rentals. However, when going through the steps to claim the Amex Executive Elite benefit it says that my profile will be updated with an "AMEX EE" account number and all others will be removed. Is there a way around this so that I can retain both the benefits I have with the corporate account number as well as be upgraded to Executive Elite?
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:09 pm

Nothing to worry about. I did this. When making a reservation, just X out the Amex EE account number and type back in your corporate account number and you'll see all the rates you expect. The status is tied to your membership ID and not the rate code you use.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 17, 19, 2:38 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta GM, National EE, Hertz PC, SPG Plat
Just curious which Amex you have that gives this benefit? The Platinum benefit is Executive only, not EE.
Old Oct 17, 19, 3:18 pm

Looks like the legacy link is working again, with updated enrollment dates from 11/19/19-1/31/20.
dwbf11 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 19, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by preswest View Post
Nothing to worry about. I did this. When making a reservation, just X out the Amex EE account number and type back in your corporate account number and you'll see all the rates you expect. The status is tied to your membership ID and not the rate code you use.
Did you get the "five Emerald Club Credits" for that reservation? Thanks.
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread