Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contract id

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Contract id

I was searching for a car rental for my upcoming travel and found this contract id for carlson leisure group which is giving me $50 lesser than the cheapest rental i can find . Have anyone used this recently and does anyone see any issue with the reservation?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It is probably from Club Carlson, now known as Radisson Hotel Group. I didn't know they had a CID but that's good to know! As it's a major hotel chain, I don't think there will be an issue.

-J.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless it is a corporate rate for its employees.

I do see a problem. It is entirely possible that OP will be able to rent under the rate. However, if he does not qualify for the rate and has an accident, the fraudulent use of the rate may void any coverage.

No way to tell the outcome until it happens a good reason to assure that one does not use discounts one is not entitled to.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That's true. I found a way to figure it out though.

https://www.nationalcar.com/en/partn...n-rewards.html

Looks like this is the page to book cars with the CID. OP should try a dummy reservation from here and see if the CIDs match up. If so, it's public. If not, well, drive carefully (or better yet, don't use it).

My last company (a large, well-known travel firm) had codes for renting cars, but the contract names specifically stated it was for employees (i.e., COMPANY EMPLOYEE CONTRACT).

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.