Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Emerald Club status match (Executive & Executie Elite)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald Club status match (Executive & Executie Elite)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
Question Emerald Club status match (Executive & Executie Elite)

Hi,

I have a question as it is not clear to me (I tried to find a clear answer, but did not found anything clear on this)
I am actually EE thanks to American Express promotion early this year, so it will expire on 28th of Feb.
Before 2019, I was also Executive Elite thanks to status match with SPG Platinum status (now Marriott Platinum), coming from Executive thanks to my company (promo to get the Executive status in 2016 or 2017, I did not remember).
The question is: can I do status match again? Should I wait my status to expire (I have a rental mid-April 2020 in USA, and would appreciate to have the status again at that time)?
Another question: when loosing a status because not qualified for it, are we going to the below status or directly the status for which we qualify?

For status match, I have several options:
- Flying Blue platinum (just reach this status again)
- Marriott Platinum (I will renew it this year, not sure if I will remain Elite Platinum or just Platinum)
- Hertz President Circle (but I think it will expire in 2020)
- American Express Platinum (Air France card)
Which would be the best to use for application to at least Exexutive status (EE will be better, but not mandatory for me)?

Thanks for the advises.

Regards
Play3000
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
You might want to check the epiration date. I also used the Amex promo this year, and my status is good through 2/28/21. I usually go back and forth with Hertz to maintain PC and EE by status matching when one expires..
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
Hi
Checked again and it is 28th fo Feb 2020.
And not possible for the moment to use the "Status match" National car website, as I am still Executive elite.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K/Marriott Platinum Elite
Bumping this up as I think I have the same question as the OP:

I have EE with National through a status match (from Marriott Platinum/AC75K). My EE status is set to expire on Feb 29 2020. If I resubmit the National Status Match form now, I get an error saying "our records indicate you are already an Executive Elite member." Has anyone previously been able to obtain a second status match from National, after the first term expired? Or is the status match supposed to be a one time thing?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Hi
To my understanding, you can't ask for a status match if you already have the status. You have to wait for your status to expire and then ask for a status match.
So you will be able to try on 1st of March.
sanmandude and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by play3000
Hi
To my understanding, you can't ask for a status match if you already have the status. You have to wait for your status to expire and then ask for a status match.
So you will be able to try on 1st of March.
Without passing merit regarding your assertion, we're lucky to have Feb.29 this year - and that's the last day to apply!!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Yes, Ipbucw said that status expire on 29th of Feb.
Mine will expire on 28th, so can/will try on 29th...
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:43 am

Hertz finally replied to my email 3 weeks later. Matched AMEX EE to Hertz PC. Any other TRAVEL Co match National EE status?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:37 pm

Avis will. I don't know if any hotels do, too.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by sanmandude
Avis will. I don't know if any hotels do, too.
what AVIS's, and what's its attraction?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
What?
KevinMD and missingcolours like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by m907
What?
I'm guessing: Preferred Plus was the corresponding match. Just not sure of real benefit(?)
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:00 am

It's just another rental car company. Budget & Avis are two rental car brands, both owned by the same company. Check the Avis forum here on FlyerTalk.

Last edited by sanmandude; Feb 1, 2020 at 11:10 am
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:26 pm

Hertz finally replied to my email 3 weeks later. Matched AMEX EE to Hertz PC. Any other TRAVEL Co match National EE status?
Just wondering, what documentation do you need to apply for the status match at Hertz? Will a screenshot of the National profile page showing EE status be sufficient?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by plam1365
Just wondering, what documentation do you need to apply for the status match at Hertz? Will a screenshot of the National profile page showing EE status be sufficient?
yes. Hertz also accepts the card that was emailed to you.

As to AVIS, I've never seen anyone report(?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.