Grand Junction Airport - GJT

Old Sep 7, 19, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Question Grand Junction Airport - GJT

Have an upcoming reservation at this location. Am Executive Elite. Just called National trying to get a "Guaranteed vehicle" (Booked in Mid-Size) and the rep said that wasn't possible. Huh?

He also said there is an Emerald Aisle, even though the website does not list GJT as having an Emerald Aisle. Just an Emerald Counter.

Anybody here have a scoop on if this is accurate?
Old Sep 7, 19, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
I think the rep must have been mistaken. I highly doubt there's an aisle there when the website specifically says counter service.

When you asked about the "guaranteed vehicle," I guess he was confused also. That simply means they will have a vehicle for you, i.e. you don't run the risk of them overselling. You can't guarantee a particular car. Of course if GJT is run by a franchisee, all bets are off. Why don't you just book online?

-J.
Old Sep 7, 19, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I used GJT last year and can confirm they don't have an aisle (it's way too small an airport for that.) I don't know about the "guaranteed vehicle" thing, though.
Old Sep 7, 19, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer View Post
I used GJT last year and can confirm they don't have an aisle (it's way too small an airport for that.) I don't know about the "guaranteed vehicle" thing, though.
It's an EE benefit. If you have a reservation, they will have a vehicle for you, even if it means turning away other customers.

Originally Posted by National

Guaranteed Vehicle

A guaranteed car (up to Fullsize) with 24-hour notice when you reserve using the Midsize rate (in US and Canada).
https://www.nationalcar.com/en/emera.../benefits.html

-J.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 8, 19, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer View Post
That's what I figured! Thanks to all for the answers. Guess I 1) Misinterpreted the Guaranteed Vehicle as saying that I could be guaranteed a certain kind of car. Already have a reservation for a mid-size - which with EE you get a guaranteed upgrade...so guess I can get a full size?

2) Called member services - and they also repeated - there is an Emerald Aisle. I expressly said I only saw Denver having one.

Sounds like National needs to train these reps better. One seemed like from the Philippines (Which is not bad in and of itself...many helpful reps - from other companies) ..the other seemed to be in the USA...but since English speaking call centers are all over the world...and sometimes the accents are hard to pick out..so unless you ask... of course, my experience - USA based reps are almost always better.

Well..I have a choice of Hertz or National...EE with National and President's Circle with Hertz. National has a promo now...so unless the rates change close in...guess I'll just stick with National for now. Hertz requires pre-payment. I wonder who has better cars...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: