Best bet for status match?

Old Sep 4, 19, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTT | IHG Mbr| Hertz 5 Star | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Best bet for status match?

Greetings.

I have several options for status to request a match with Emerald Club: AA PRO, Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5-Star, IHG Gold.

With a bit of Google-searching it seems either of the first two (AA or Marriott) would net the best result:

Status Matcher - National Emerald Club

Middle Age Miles blog on Hertz and National status match

All the same, would very much appreciate advice/experience from forum members.

Thank you!

PS - I'm not affiliated with either of the sites linked above; they're what I found in a Google search of this topic.

Last edited by AAir_head; Sep 4, 19 at 12:21 pm Reason: added links to search results
Old Sep 4, 19, 3:30 pm

Just try one. If it’s rejected try another. Hertz 5 star worked for me. Took a couple of days.
m907 and Joonydell like this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:19 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
One thing to note is that if you have any kind of program like AMA/CAA/AAA/etc, check out if they have any partnerships with National, that's how I ended up getting an Exec Elite Membership with National.
Old Sep 5, 19, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL KM, AS, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
See if any of your credit cards provide status with National also. I just got my CSR today (woohoo!) and that has EE. I originally status matched EE from Hertz PC (and got Avis PC as well).

Wadda's advice is sound. Try 5* and see if it gets you anything. If not, explore other options.

-J.
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTT | IHG Mbr| Hertz 5 Star | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by j_y11789 View Post
One thing to note is that if you have any kind of program like AMA/CAA/AAA/etc, check out if they have any partnerships with National, that's how I ended up getting an Exec Elite Membership with National.
Yep; already checked and nada...

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
See if any of your credit cards provide status with National also. I just got my CSR today (woohoo!) and that has EE. I originally status matched EE from Hertz PC (and got Avis PC as well).

Wadda's advice is sound. Try 5* and see if it gets you anything. If not, explore other options. -J.
The most recent handful of 5* matches on the statusmatcher.com site showed match to Emerald Elite. I figured Executive Elite was in reach with AA PRO and/or Bonvoy Ti, so didn't bother trying 5*.

cheers!
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Since I started this...an update for closure on the original topic:

With a number of rentals coming in the near future I wanted this to be "one and done", so sent a copy of both AA PRO and Bonvoy LT Ti cards around 4 PM Saturday; the answer came back about 9 AM Sunday with status match to Executive Elite. Impressive turn-around. No idea if it was the PRO or LT Ti (or both together) that netted the match; past performance does not guarantee future results, YMMV, void where prohibited by law, etc, etc.

As it happens the most convenient (and probably most frequent) option for me is an Enterprise local office; being able to leverage that for continued elite status qualification and free rental earnings at a 1 for 5 rate, combined with a fairly robust network of locations between both National and Enterprise, make this a potentially attractive option after a protracted less-than-satisfying run with Hertz 5-Star.

For future reference, the statusmatcher.com site appears to be fairly current and a good resource to guide one through requesting a match for a wide number of programs.

Thanks to those who replied!

Mods please consider closing this thread.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: