Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Question regarding Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle

Old Aug 29, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC

Hey All,

I'll be visiting Las Vegas in the next few months and I don't rent vehicles often enough to qualify for the Executive Status, I know that sometimes the EXA has a better selection than the standard EA, however if I were to see one I liked in the EXA would I be able to rent it instead and pay an extra fee per day?

I'm also not certain what that extra fee may be, so if this is possible and others have done it, can you advise on what the fee generally is?

Thanks,
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:26 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Do you have hotel or airline status? National is pretty relaxed with status matches.
Old Aug 29, 19, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Not really, I don't travel too often, maybe once a year so not often enough to accumulate any kind of reward points and not have them expire.
Old Aug 29, 19, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
As far as I know, there's no "pay $X to choose from the Executive Selection" program. That said, there's certainly the opportunity to negotiate a paid upgrade when you arrive at the location. If there's a vehicle in the Executive Selection that you want, take the keys, walk over to the booth, and ask if you can upgrade to it. Depending on the vehicle and the person's mood, they might just give it to you for free, but if not, they'll almost certainly offer the opportunity to upgrade for a price.
Old Aug 29, 19, 10:52 am

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
YMMV - my friend has been able to take a car from ES even though he only has access to EA. This happened at LAS and the greeter let him take a 300C from ES upon asking.
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

I just found out that my AMA Membership is high enough that linking it to my National Account automatically upgrades me to Executive Status, so that's great

Search this Thread
Search Engine: