Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

possible to "upgrade" from more expensive Premium SUV redemption to 15 passenger van?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

possible to "upgrade" from more expensive Premium SUV redemption to 15 passenger van?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Question possible to "upgrade" from more expensive Premium SUV redemption to 15 passenger van?

i have a 3-day one-way rental coming up, and can book Premium SUV listed at $500/day using free days.
15 passenger van is $357/day.
will they be able to give me the 15 pax van on a PFAR reservation, if the agent is willing? or is there possibly a system limitation that won't allow them to do it for free day redemptions?
to be sure they have a 15 pax van available, i can make a dummy reservation to book that specifically.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:06 pm

I've seen talk about passenger vans here before, but I can't understand it. I've never seen passenger vans at National(?)
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ffly45
i have a 3-day one-way rental coming up, and can book Premium SUV listed at $500/day using free days.
15 passenger van is $357/day.
will they be able to give me the 15 pax van on a PFAR reservation, if the agent is willing? or is there possibly a system limitation that won't allow them to do it for free day redemptions?
to be sure they have a 15 pax van available, i can make a dummy reservation to book that specifically.
Call Emerald club and ask to transfer your free days to your spouse. They will email your free days to you as a code. Those will work on a 15 pass.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NeYo
Call Emerald club and ask to transfer your free days to your spouse. They will email your free days to you as a code. Those will work on a 15 pass.
haha, that is frigging awesome! can 3 of those be applied to the same rental?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I've seen talk about passenger vans here before, but I can't understand it. I've never seen passenger vans at National(?)
15 passenger van rentals might be heavily restricted or even banned in the NY area. Hence one aspect of one-way restrictions. A while ago this category had a lot of serious overturns and other accidents in the hands of inexperienced church and college athletics drivers.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
15 passenger van rentals might be heavily restricted or even banned in the NY area. Hence one aspect of one-way restrictions. A while ago this category had a lot of serious overturns and other accidents in the hands of inexperienced church and college athletics drivers.
I never spotted a passenger van in FL either. Where has anyone seen passenger vans? (Aren't they strictly Enterprise's or Alamo's)
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by ffly45
haha, that is frigging awesome! can 3 of those be applied to the same rental?
Yes three max
ffly45 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:11 pm

I never spotted a passenger van in FL either. Where has anyone seen passenger vans? (Aren't they strictly Enterprise's or Alamo's)
I've spotted some in MIA, FLL and MCO in National slots, so they do exist.The likely places for them are Florida/California it seems, based on where I see the most. Other stations usually keep a small amount. I rented one in PHX and National had 2 in place, along with one being used as a employee shuttle of some sort. In MIA in particular, Alamo had over 50 parked off in the overflow between them and National.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:16 pm

Hertz at PIT once had two 12 passenger vans in the PC aisle. One of them was there for two or three weeks because nobody took it.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I've spotted some in MIA, FLL and MCO in National slots, so they do exist.The likely places for them are Florida/California it seems, based on where I see the most. Other stations usually keep a small amount. I rented one in PHX and National had 2 in place, along with one being used as a employee shuttle of some sort. In MIA in particular, Alamo had over 50 parked off in the overflow between them and National.
So only in MIA u might grab it as if it's on the Aisle?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:51 am

No.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by m907
No.
which
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:01 pm

They weren't on the aisle. They were in dedicated 'specialty' rows.

15 seater Vans carry certain higher restrictions, so I doubt National would ever put them on the aisle.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
They weren't on the aisle. They were in dedicated 'specialty' rows.

15 seater Vans carry certain higher restrictions, so I doubt National would ever put them on the aisle.
TY for explaining. Does it mean I absolutely can't get into one, and drive to the gate with my Mid-size reservation? Or can't ask manager for it?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:24 am

TY for explaining. Does it mean I absolutely can't get into one, and drive to the gate with my Mid-size reservation? Or can't ask manager for it?
You constantly post on here like we all have secret magic powers over National and if you ask us nicely you might get what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.