Fleet turnover

Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Fleet turnover

I have not seen any Jeep Grand Cherokees for over a year, and haven't seen any Volvos for months at any National location. One employee I talked to seems to think Volvos are mostly gone. Meanwhile I've been seeing a lot of Mini Coopers and Dodge Journeys, with some new Mazda CX-5s. Another employee at a different location said something about a new deal with Mazda has brought in more of their cars.

Anyone else have recent observations on the fleet?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:17 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
It's station dependent. I had a nearly new Volvo XC60 a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Also got an XC60 a few weeks ago at EWR on a Luxury reservation, a really nice ride. I also remember seeing a bunch of V60 Cross Countries at the end of last year at various airports.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xienon
Also got an XC60 a few weeks ago at EWR on a Luxury reservation, a really nice ride. I also remember seeing a bunch of V60 Cross Countries at the end of last year at various airports.
I saw a V60 about six months ago but it was fairly high mileage and I haven't seen any Volvos since.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
MCI seems to collect cars from Chicago and Denver so we get some nice Range Rovers and Volvos with IL/CO plates.
I am hoping we start to see more Grand Cherokees soon. Got one last night.
ginmqi and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
MCI seems to collect cars from Chicago and Denver so we get some nice Range Rovers and Volvos with IL/CO plates.
I am hoping we start to see more Grand Cherokees soon. Got one last night.
So the Grand Cherokees are still around...what model year and how many miles were on yours?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m907
So the Grand Cherokees are still around...what model year and how many miles were on yours?
2019 with 150 miles. Limited with lux package 2. BLIS is now standard on 2019 models.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Just had a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited at FLL a few weeks ago. Had Georgia or Texas plates on it I think.
m907 and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:49 am
Original Poster

I think I saw somewhere that all Grand Cherokees were pulled last year because of a recall. Hopefully they are ordering 2019s now.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold
I also haven’t seen the Ford Egde come in for 2019. I am super excited to see the redesign
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by willow1213
I also haven’t seen the Ford Egde come in for 2019. I am super excited to see the redesign
I've seen a few 19 Edges around. It's just a styling update, the interior and mechanicals are exactly the same.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:08 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I think I saw somewhere that all Grand Cherokees were pulled last year because of a recall. Hopefully they are ordering 2019s now.
I had a Grand Cherokee for over a year before they finally clawed it back from me... driving a XT5 now, but really liked that Cherokee. Hoping to see new ones soon too... I'm at PHX so I'll check back once all the snow birds start melting this summer
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willow1213
I saw them start popping up at multiple locations within the last month.

Originally Posted by xienon
I've seen a few 19 Edges around. It's just a styling update, the interior and mechanicals are exactly the same.
I think they've added adaptive cruise control too, though I don't know if National cars will be equipped with it.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I had a Grand Cherokee for over a year before they finally clawed it back from me... driving a XT5 now, but really liked that Cherokee. Hoping to see new ones soon too... I'm at PHX so I'll check back once all the snow birds start melting this summer
I know this has been discussed in other threads but I'm curious how much you spend to permanently rent vs. buying and paying insurance/maintenance.
eastindywalrus likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:21 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I know this has been discussed in other threads but I'm curious how much you spend to permanently rent vs. buying and paying insurance/maintenance.
I pay ~$650/month with LDW. I don't own a vehicle any longer so I had to jump through hoops to get a non-owner policy through State Farm which is ~$30/month IIRC. All in a pretty good deal in my opinion since I can trade vehicles in whenever I want, don't care about maintenance (or curb checks, door dings, etc...) and any vehicle I was looking to lease or buy was going to be about that per month or higher.
m907 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.