How often can I status match?

Old Mar 1, 19, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

How often can I status match?

In November of 2017 I status matched to National Executive Elite from IHG Platinum Plus. In March of 2018 I used the National Executive Elite status to status match to Hertz Presidents Circle. National just downgraded me back to Executive Status and I am worried that a downgrade from Hertz PC to 5 star is also imminent. I don't really care too much about the difference between Executive and Executive Elite status but I would be really disappointed to be downgraded from PC to Five Star. How long should I wait before trying to status match back to Executive Elite Status and President's Circle status?

Should I attempt to status match back to EE immediately while I still have PC status? Once the PC status expires I think I could use IHG Platinum Plus, Marriott Gold or Sixt Platinum to try and rematch to Executive Elite. I think I am going to need the Executive Elite Status to get President's Circle again. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 2, 19, 7:14 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
If you status matched National to get EE back, it would be valid till 2/28/21.
Old Mar 2, 19, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinMD View Post
If you status matched National to get EE back, it would be valid till 2/28/21.
Thanks! My bigger concern was if it was ok to immediately try and status match again or should I wait. I am worried about them looking at my account, realizing that I just had a status match, denying the request and then flagging my account or doing something that will make it more difficult to status match again down the line.
Old Mar 9, 19, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
you can status match at any time, there is no need to wait.
Old Mar 13, 19, 7:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, Nat'l EE, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
In the same boat. Actively keep PC status with Hertz, but status match across to Nat'l and Sixt to have some status incase of IRROPS or the occasional good deal on a rental car.

EE expired end of Feb 2019, I submitted Status Match materials online a few days after the expiration and I have yet to hear back on the match (positive or negative). Account still shows the downgraded status of just Exec w/ Nat'l. Hopefully I can get it back up to EE. I have several programs I can use to match from, but I would hope my PC card I sent in takes care of it.
Old Mar 14, 19, 6:44 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold
Sorry to hijack but has any status matched from a national to a hotel or airline? Iíve matched between rental car companies but never outside.
Old Mar 14, 19, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willow1213 View Post
Sorry to hijack but has any status matched from a national to a hotel or airline? Iíve matched between rental car companies but never outside.
I have matched from hotel to car company but not car company to hotel.
Old Jul 4, 19, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Match approved on 7/1 but account status still not updated. Does anyone know how long it takes to reflect in account?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: