Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

SLC sucks, EXE Elite they gave me an accord with 23k on it

Old Jan 21, 19, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier

And told me it was a Premium Car LOL, well SLC is getting like 8 inches of snow today hopefully this piece of junk makes it through. As I walked to my car I noticed around 40 different AWD/4WD cars available. Oh well.
Old Jan 21, 19, 8:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Apparently, you're no the only one who has issue with this location. I looked at the Yelp reviews - 1.5 (out of 5) stars on 81 reviews. Sorry for your situation, but thanks for the education.
Old Jan 21, 19, 8:45 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Agree, was there last week as EE, tons of SUVs around which they obviously are holding back for paid upgrades. One of the worst locations in the US.
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVP, DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titnmn, IHG IC, Hertz PC, National EE
Agree. They are a franchise location that I hope they get rid of soon.

Unless I really want one-two-free, Hertz is the way to go in SLC.
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:35 am

I thought it was no longer a franchise location as of last spring right? As someone who is about to rent there next month I would appreciate it if all above tweet or write to corporate with your complaints. Maybe they will at least lean on them a little. Promise I'll do the same if I get similar, maybe even from the desk!

Also recommend checking out the SLC experiences thread below.
Old Jan 22, 19, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by jeeden View Post
I thought it was no longer a franchise location as of last spring right? As someone who is about to rent there next month I would appreciate it if all above tweet or write to corporate with your complaints. Maybe they will at least lean on them a little. Promise I'll do the same if I get similar, maybe even from the desk!

Also recommend checking out the SLC experiences thread below.
FWIW, I had a rental there 12/26-12/28 and they gave me an Altima with 28k on it. It's a small step up from the "Any color Malibu you want" of years past, but still no bueno.
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell View Post
Agree. They are a franchise location that I hope they get rid of soon.

Unless I really want one-two-free, Hertz is the way to go in SLC.
It's on the list of franchised locations converted to corporate late last year per the list of locations in this thread, so pretty sure it's corporate now.

EHI Terminating National/Alamo Franchise Agreements
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
They all do it. Can't blame them for trying to max revenue. DTW does the same thing. If it's going to snow or it's a holiday, the SUVs disappear. They actually put convertibles on the EA in DTW. Could be worse than an Accord.
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:06 pm

Understand the argument about them holding back high demand vehicles like some other locations....

On the discussion of the franchise I came right at them on twitter with this:

@nationalcares After hearing experiences in SLC on yelp and flyertalk I am getting worried about my Executive Elite reservation in February. Can you offer some information on the location? Is it no longer a franchise? Are EE upgrades honored (FT post last week says no)? Thanks.
and they came back with this:
Our SLC Airport branch is no longer operated by a franchise. Executive Elite members are always guaranteed a free upgrade when you reserve using the Midsize rate. We are devoted to providing you with an excellent customer experience. Please DM if we can answer any questions. - DA
If you had a bad experience, I would tweet them and you might get some compensation (they seem very active on twitter, google reviews, and yelp). I'm tempted to have the corporate number in my phone ready to dial at the booth if I get someone giving me a hard time when I rent.
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:12 am

I honestly wouldn't hit up any non southern state in winter season and expect to walk away with a SUV, regardless of status. The more troubling thing is unless the lot was empty; that their handing out cars with more than 20K miles on it to Execs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: