Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Any point booking Premium over midsize with EE status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K

At TPA and FLL, every time I book a Premium car, they just point me to the Executive aisle, is there a point booking this class if I already have the status?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
I believe EE only guarantees full size or better. Premium is one step above full size, so you will at least get a premium. If you don't see one in the Exec Aisle, they should give you what you are paying for.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:54 pm

There seems always be some crappy Prem car on EE aisle, I did have some success asking lot attendants for cars in paid upgrade section with Prem reservation, not sure if booking prem helped. That was also before they started the rule of upgrade discount for elites.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:52 pm

Bottom line, if you HAVE to have a certain car class, book it. Also as an Executive Elite travelling on Free Days, always book the best class available, (Luxury or Luxury SUV) since LCARs are typically sparse on the aisle. One-way LCARs are typically only reservable between 10-20% of the time, but are typically the best value, unless you need a SUV.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Some of the more northern National locations are fairly SUV heavy in the Winter time.

If you really want a (premium) sedan then it's best to reserve one.

If you find one in the isle you could always try asking them at the gate to drop your reservation down to a full size.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:13 pm

My standard advice is if one truly *needs* or *wants* a certain class of vehicle; then that is what should be reserved. This way when location pulls contract or whatever they have a heads up who is looking for what on any particular day. Even with aisle locations managers keep on top of inventory to match (hopefully) reservations for that day. During peak travel times such as major holidays they also need to know how much and of what they can safely allow hikers to take to other locations that are short vehicles.

Always joke that National has tons of minivans, large SUVs and big sedans when you book an ICAR. OTOH when you *do* book such things then they don't have... *LOL*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.