Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Can I use my free rental day coupons for someone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE

My wife is flying without me early next year and I'd like to use the coupons that I earned in the One Two Free promotion for her car. Is that allowed?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eric_o
My wife is flying without me early next year and I'd like to use the coupons that I earned in the One Two Free promotion for her car. Is that allowed?
AFAIK they are non transferable.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
You can just use that coupon code for her reservation. I saw in another thread that's against the Ts and Cs. If you have "regular" free days I'd suggest transferring those to her account and use them officially.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by eric_o
No, OTF coupons are not transferrable.

"You cannot gift ONE TWO FREE® Free Rental Days to another user."
https://promos.emeraldclub.com/12Free2018/faq#a17

IIRC however you *can* try making the reservation under your name and putting the wife down as an authorized driver. Long as reservation and coupon are on same account, that is what matters.

Otherwise as suggested, simply go with using regular National "free days" awarded as part of credit rewards.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:00 am

did so yesterday, no issues...Off-topic: still no news on "Free day" from AMEX status upgrade promo?? Everyone here confirms upgraded status - but no one confirms receiving free day(?)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
did so yesterday, no issues...Off-topic: still no news on "Free day" from AMEX status upgrade promo?? Everyone here confirms upgraded status - but no one confirms receiving free day(?)
You're saying that a OTF coupon was transferred/used by someone else other than to whom it was issued? If so how?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:37 pm

He probably gave his friend the coupon code, and the friend probably rented at an aisle facility involving minimal interaction with an agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.