Search

Ride Report: 2019 Silverado LD Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Ride Report: 2019 Silverado LD Quad Cab

Silverado 5.3 V8 355BHP Double Cab standard box

Car class: Premium Pickup
Alternatives: Ford F-150, Ram 1500, Toyota Tundra.

This is last years model that's been carried over its the old LT trim. Compared to the New Ram 1500 I drove a few weeks earlier it was not in the same league. The Ram was a much better more refined truck. I picked this one up with just 4 miles on the clock.

Pros
Still looks great
It can haul a lot

Cons
‘only got 19 miles to the gallon combined over 600ish miles
Old fashioned separate key and alarm fob
parking it!

I am sure the new 2019 Silverado is a lot better truck

Last edited by Wadda; Nov 18, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:04 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Had one of these a couple weeks ago. It was actually a lot better equipped in LD trim than what the old LT's had - for example, LD only comes with the V8, the large entertainment screen, leather steering wheel, etc. And the HID headlights standard across the range are much better than what comes on the lower-end offerings also available on the lot from FCA and Ford.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Had one of these a couple weeks ago. It was actually a lot better equipped in LD trim than what the old LT's had - for example, LD only comes with the V8, the large entertainment screen, leather steering wheel, etc. And the HID headlights standard across the range are much better than what comes on the lower-end offerings also available on the lot from FCA and Ford.
I must admit the Stereo in the F150 XLT looks so dated. I love the carplay systems. Only as a lost resort would I take a car/truck without it these days.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Damn,

I managed to get even more MPG on a Suburban last week. Managed to get 21mpg. Resetted multiple times to check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.