Alternatives: Hyundai Santa Fe, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Sorento, Nissan Murano

Engine: 3.5L V6 making 280 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque
Fuel Economy: 13.2L/100km (~17.8 mpg)

Drive off
Spacious cabin and cargo room
Quiet cabin even at higher speeds
Comfortable ride

Walk away
Dismal fuel economy (at least in V6 equipped models)
Lack of smartphone connectivity (i.e. Android Auto & Apple Carplay) in this trim
Thick A-pillars which impede visibility when making turns

Select Features
4.2-inch infotainment display with Ford Sync
Dual zone automatic climate control
Proximity key with push-button start
Heated 10-way power adjustable driver seat (6-way for the front passenger)

Impressions
With a refresh right around the corner, we are excited to see what Ford brings to the table that will give the Edge an edge over the competition (no pun intended). That said, if you are set on renting one today, we strongly advise that you avoid the SEL trim and instead go for a Titanium or Sport trim. If none is available, it would be wise to consider other options in its class.

For more details on my experience with the Ford Edge SEL rental, see my blog post below.
https://carfession.com/2018/11/01/20...-edge-sel-awd/

Last edited by XC60; Nov 2, 2018 at 10:14 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I've only rented the Titanium version a few times this year, but it seemed pretty nice. Won't ever run out and buy one, but I'm more than happy to rent one.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis PP, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I've only rented the Titanium version a few times this year, but it seemed pretty nice. Won't ever run out and buy one, but I'm more than happy to rent one.
Sadly the location that I usually rent from never seems to have anything higher than the SEL trim, which is a bummer.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Im surprised Ford hasnt moved to the larger infotainment screens on the SE and SEL models, especially with the 19 refresh.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis PP, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qs933
Im surprised Ford hasnt moved to the larger infotainment screens on the SE and SEL models, especially with the 19 refresh.
I believe Sync 3 with the 8-inch touchscreen is standard on the 2019 SELs, leaving only the SE trim with the tiny 4.2-inch display.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.