Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Are there any real benefits in being "Executive Elite"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any real benefits in being "Executive Elite"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
Last week at SEA I think there was like one Escalade all by itself they said was the EE aisle or something (or maybe I misheard, I was in a hurry and just grabbed my car and jetted out).

Would be nice to see more of them though!
I'm 99% sure there's no ee aisle by sea it could be they have a VIP aisle but it's nice to see a Escalade the best car they had when I was there was a charger
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:17 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
What you saw is the Premier Selection. EE's get a slight price break on the upgrade fee, but it's not an EE aisle.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ijones027
I'm 99% sure there's no ee aisle by sea it could be they have a VIP aisle but it's nice to see a Escalade the best car they had when I was there was a charger
There is no such thing as an Executive Elite Aisle. SEA has a separate "aisle" to the left of the Emerald Booth where cars are held for VIP clients or reservations for a specific high-end car class, and the keys are locked in the booth - you are not permitted to take a car from this area unless specifically authorized by a manager at SEA.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
As I'll probably hit 50-60 rentals this year, I too wish that there was something more meaningful for Exec Elite, or at least a level with better perks in between Exec Elite and VIP...

That said, the ability to use free days for almost any car class (including Luxury, Sports and Luxury SUV, etc.) is pretty useful. Last year, I was at 23 rentals and after realizing that Executives can only use free days up to Fullsize, I did a couple of short rentals to put myself over the limit. What's the car rental equivalent of a mileage/mattress run?

BTW, for those that have issues with certain locations playing games with availability for the Luxury or other higher classes using free days, I've always been able to book them on a paid rate and then call National to manually apply my free days without issue. At more generous locations, if I just book the highest class available (i.e. whatever has the highest paid rate before the free day discount), they usually are pretty flexible with what I end up taking anyway...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:42 pm

Former National Greeter at MCO

Hello everyone I am a Former National greeter at MCO. I am Executive Elite with National car rental with 200 rental days so far this year. I did not get a employee discount while working for National this year so I did pay full price to use my Executive Elite benefits. There is not a Executive Elite at MCO but being Executive Elite means that we really go out of way to try and give you a vehicle that your want. One way rentals we are strict on about what vehicle you can have. But as long as the vehicle is on the executive row then it is able to go one way. Usually for Executive Elite you can usually always get a luxury vehicle upon request. All vehicles that are given to National have to be under 20,000 miles or the location gets dinged automatically on our customer service report.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
Originally Posted by Bob Mill
All vehicles that are given to National have to be under 20,000 miles or the location gets dinged automatically on our customer service report.
interesting you say that, franchise locations must have a completely different set of rules. Some of the franchised locations in BC, Canada have cars pushing 50,000km. Working for an automotive OEM I find this somewhat shocking all things considered. The corporate locations are always great and seem to have more and more luxury brands on hand (not a good sign for the overall economy) but I almost always opt for a different company (enterprise usually because they are corporate owned) when I have to visit the cities that don’t have an Emerald Isle or a more reasonable franchisee.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 11:52 am

Hello everyone I am a Former National greeter at MCO. I am Executive Elite with National car rental with 200 rental days so far this year. I did not get a employee discount while working for National this year so I did pay full price to use my Executive Elite benefits. There is not a Executive Elite at MCO but being Executive Elite means that we really go out of way to try and give you a vehicle that your want. One way rentals we are strict on about what vehicle you can have. But as long as the vehicle is on the executive row then it is able to go one way. Usually for Executive Elite you can usually always get a luxury vehicle upon request. All vehicles that are given to National have to be under 20,000 miles or the location gets dinged automatically on our customer service report.
Thanks for the info - very interesting.

I saw a Nissan Rogue with 90k miles on the aisle at CMH a couple weeks ago. I wonder how that affected their metrics.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:19 pm

Executive Elites can redeem free days for one-ways involving car categories not necessarily on the Executive Aisle, like luxury, large SUV, etc. These would presumably be chosen from the appropriate Emerald Reserve section. Are all cars available in the category choice aisles also able to go one-way? Is it only the paid upgrade sections with exotics, sports cars, luxury SUVs and such, that are assigned to specific locations?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Executive Elites can redeem free days for one-ways involving car categories not necessarily on the Executive Aisle, like luxury, large SUV, etc. These would presumably be chosen from the appropriate Emerald Reserve section. Are all cars available in the category choice aisles also able to go one-way? Is it only the paid upgrade sections with exotics, sports cars, luxury SUVs and such, that are assigned to specific locations?
As far as I know there are no restrictions on one-ways with National. I think he's talking about their willingness to give you a luxury car when you have an aisle reservation.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by m907
As far as I know there are no restrictions on one-ways with National. I think he's talking about their willingness to give you a luxury car when you have an aisle reservation.
It sounded like he was saying that some vehicles can not be allowed on one-ways. "As long as it is on the aisle, it can go..."
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:36 pm

No one has ever asked me if I am executive or to prove it by showing a card or something, when I am picking up the car, so I am assuming even regular emerald club member have all the benefits of executive or E Elite.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by UAFAM
No one has ever asked me if I am executive or to prove it by showing a card or something, when I am picking up the car, so I am assuming even regular emerald club member have all the benefits of executive or E Elite.
No. I'm sure you can get away with it fairly easily at some locations but you're definitely not supposed to do that.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:29 pm

For all the people saying "luxury" cars, is it just me or has National degraded their "luxury" cars? Luxury now means premium. A true luxury car would be "elite"
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:25 pm

^That's how it is with all rental companies. Can't say if this was the case 10+ years ago, but it's laughable and I just downgrade a couple tiers in my head. The cars that rental companies want us to believe are exclusive, exciting, and "elite" are just regular cars leased/financed by regular Joe Shmoes across America.

Even "exotic" is cringeworthy, i.e. Enterprise Exotics lists a category of Ford Mustang/Camaro SS/Dodge Challenger. Since when is that "exotic"? Exotic should be Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, etc.

I say this not to be an elitist snob, as I personally have ZERO interest in "luxury" cars and could care less if my car even has leather seats or an audio screen. All I care about is tire-shredding fun, so I actually love cheap American muscle cars, but come on, rental companies stop outrageously lying to us about "luxury" "premium" "exotic" cars
DJ_Iceman and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by s0ssos
For all the people saying "luxury" cars, is it just me or has National degraded their "luxury" cars? Luxury now means premium. A true luxury car would be "elite"
It's just inconsistent. A Cadillac CTS is a real luxury car but a base ATS or MKZ probably shouldn't be. Then again, a Mercedes CLA is classified standard elite and that's a much cheaper car than most LCARs. National is not as nearly bad as Hertz where a Buick Lacross or Chrysler 300C is a Luxury.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.