Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Questionable rental prices from mobile app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

hi. I just went to reserve a work rental for a week and noticed that the default option that appears at the top of the screen, for the aisle, is $10 more expensive than booking the mid size which also qualifies for the aisle. Seems a little sketchy and a way to take advantage of those that are not completely aware of the program rules. See photo.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Why does it matter? The rate gets adjusted to midsize when you check out. I always book full and pay mid-size.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
Why does it matter? The rate gets adjusted to midsize when you check out. I always book full and pay mid-size.
I've never clicked the more expensive rate to see. Why wouldn't they just show the correct mid-size rate up front?
Old May 22, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
I've never clicked the more expensive rate to see. Why wouldn't they just show the correct mid-size rate up front?
Maybe because the app is smart enough to assume if mid-size and full-size are the same price, people would generally want full-size.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
Maybe because the app is smart enough to assume if mid-size and full-size are the same price, people would generally want full-size.
But it doesn't say Full size rate. It says select this rate to pick from the aisle... Which is technically true. But you can also pick the cheaper rate at Midsize to pick from the aisle. In addition I just did a test, if I choose the more expensive rate, it does in fact still show the Full Size on the final reservation....
Old May 24, 2018, 7:53 pm

The full size rate drops down to the midsize rate once you reserve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.