Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:45 am

And I like little cars with big engines. I would love to be able to rent such cars more often. I usually am alone or with one other person so I love finding a hidden gem of something sporty.

I think this thread shows that we really like variety. I hate walking out and just seeing tons of the same car in a row. Oh look, 14 Malibus and 12 Altimas. Boooo. Give us a little bit of everything and most will find something that suits them. It's great to walk out to some sedans, some sport cars, a few vans, big SUVs, small SUVs, and a big luxury car or two.
jackal and m907 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - GM, Hilton - Diamond, National - EE
Ford Flex making a strong push to get into my top tier. Had a new 2018 a week or so back, exceptional ride.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:11 am

My favorite car I drove was a 2018 Nissan Rogue SL. I picked it up brand new off the aisle, then drove it from Las Vegas to Philly. Loved its features, adaptive cruise control, HD radio, navigation, USB outlet at each seat. Interior was spacious. Good on gas for its size.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by SouthernBanker
Ford Flex making a strong push to get into my top tier. Had a new 2018 a week or so back, exceptional ride
Almost got a Flex recently but didn't get a chance to as someone snagged it right before me and my fiancee doesn't feel comfortable driving too large of a car. But I've read lot of good things. ANd I think the one I saw had 3 rows of seats too..

Originally Posted by nd2010
My favorite car I drove was a 2018 Nissan Rogue SL. I picked it up brand new off the aisle, then drove it from Las Vegas to Philly. Loved its features, adaptive cruise control, HD radio, navigation, USB outlet at each seat. Interior was spacious. Good on gas for its size.
Indeed. Had that in blue at OGG, very decent car with good featreus, decent looks, and good mpg. I can see why the Rogue is a HUGE seller in the past few years
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Avis PC AmexPL Hertz5str MarriottPlt NetJets NationalEE InspiratoMember
fAV

bmw 4 serires
Range Rover Sport
BMW X5
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Almost got a Flex recently but didn't get a chance to as someone snagged it right before me and my fiancee doesn't feel comfortable driving too large of a car. But I've read lot of good things. ANd I think the one I saw had 3 rows of seats too..

Indeed. Had that in blue at OGG, very decent car with good featreus, decent looks, and good mpg. I can see why the Rogue is a HUGE seller in the past few years
The rogue is OK but Since it's a CRossover the CVT isn't an issue because it's not trying to be a sports car or anything but the engine is a bit underpowered imho. Putting in the turbo from the juke or Sentara would be a nice option.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
My go to on the Executive Aisle is a Grand Cherokee Limited. They are pretty common and I am always satisfied when I have one.

I've snagged QX60s, Q50s, X3s before and those are great, but not really common. Seems there are a lot of CX-5 Grand Tourings showing up and I grabbed a brand new one and it was pretty nice, but not as comfortable as a GC.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by dabeags
My go to on the Executive Aisle is a Grand Cherokee Limited. They are pretty common and I am always satisfied when I have one.

I've snagged QX60s, Q50s, X3s before and those are great, but not really common. Seems there are a lot of CX-5 Grand Tourings showing up and I grabbed a brand new one and it was pretty nice, but not as comfortable as a GC.
I love the grand Cherokee as well but every time I rent one there is an issue of some sort with them

1st: sound wouldn't lower
​2nd: sound was muted
3rd: backup camera wouldn't turn on
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:52 pm

Dang that's annoying. I know FCA/Chrysler/Jeep has quality issues but that seems bad.

Also make sure vehicle settings are the way you want it. With modern cars there's lot of customization and each time I get in I always go through all the audio/vehicle settings to make sure they are the way I want it. SOme people could've turned back up cam off (not sure if its even possible) or messed with the audio settings...
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:20 pm

Ford Flex making a strong push to get into my top tier. Had a new 2018 a week or so back, exceptional ride.
Unfortunately it's being discontinued but it's an underrated car.

Originally Posted by dabeags

I'm with you on the Grand Cherokee though it's not as common for me. I've also seen some Mazda CX-5s start showing up.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by m907
I'm with you on the Grand Cherokee though it's not as common for me. I've also seen some Mazda CX-5s start showing up.
Hmm, most of my aisle rentals are at MCI and I honestly cant recall the last time I didnt see a GC on the aisle. My latest rental I grabbed a 2018 Tiguan which was the first time I saw one of those on the lot. Liked it quite a bit too.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Dang that's annoying. I know FCA/Chrysler/Jeep has quality issues but that seems bad.

Also make sure vehicle settings are the way you want it. With modern cars there's lot of customization and each time I get in I always go through all the audio/vehicle settings to make sure they are the way I want it. SOme people could've turned back up cam off (not sure if its even possible) or messed with the audio settings...

These issues all happened mid rental.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - GM, Hilton - Diamond, National - EE
I am rolling in a 2018, Ford Edge Titanium this week. Pretty nice ride, my wife drives an Edge SEL right now.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Atl

I rent for two weeks every month and generally wind up with a maxima (platinum is nice). Got an A6 last month which was nice but a little underpowered. Currently have a camaro as which is stupid fast (almost scary when tires are cold) I like the charger hemi too and usually prefer 4 door sedans with a bigger engine.

Ill wait to to avoid a Malibu, altima or impala. Theyll usually bring up what I want within reason.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:47 pm

I am rolling in a 2018, Ford Edge Titanium this week. Pretty nice ride, my wife drives an Edge SEL right now.
I just turned one of these in at SMF. The Titanium is really nice, especially with the ecoBoost and AWD and the panoramic sunroof. Wasn't a fan of cream colored leather upholstery though...

Picked it up on Monday with 2.8 miles on it, and drove it a whopping 28.1 miles in 3 days. It is rapidly climbing my list of favorites. Enough that I am thinking about buying one for my wife to replace her current car.
SouthernBanker likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.