Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by m907
I was mistaken, newfbc was right, it's made in India. I was confusing it with the Buick Envision.
I didn’t think Ford had anything out there, that’s why I was asking. Thought i’d Missed it.

i think Ford are still debating moving anything major out there. Particularly if they drop a lot of their car range from the NA market as is currently planned.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by thedeeg

I didn’t think Ford had anything out there, that’s why I was asking. Thought i’d Missed it.

i think Ford are still debating moving anything major out there. Particularly if they drop a lot of their car range from the NA market as is currently planned.
Ford is already in China big-time. They have a Chinese Taurus that blows the outdated US model out of the water. And the Lincoln Continental was designed just as much for China as here. They just haven't brought any Chinese-built cars here. Which is fine with me. Would love to see them build the nicer Taurus here but sedans are passé apparently.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:45 am

Ford is already in China big-time. They have a Chinese Taurus that blows the outdated US model out of the water. And the Lincoln Continental was designed just as much for China as here. They just haven't brought any Chinese-built cars here. Which is fine with me. Would love to see them build the nicer Taurus here but sedans are passé apparently.
Badly worded on my part, I meant they didn’t have anything major out there for import back to the NA / EU market.
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
New Focus will be imported form China.

My favorite car was the Mazda MX-5 RF GT that I picked up from at DCA. The EE lot had nothing remotely sporty, with the Impala LT being the only sedan or sporty? car there. The Miata was parked at the Alamo lot next door, and I asked the attendant if I could take it. He checked if there were keys in it and let me take it. I had to put my rolling duffel bag in the passenger seat as it would not fit in the tiny trunk.
The car was so good, that I am thinking about trading in my WRX for a 2019 soft top Miata in the fall.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
New Focus will be imported form China.

My favorite car was the Mazda MX-5 RF GT that I picked up from at DCA. The EE lot had nothing remotely sporty, with the Impala LT being the only sedan or sporty? car there. The Miata was parked at the Alamo lot next door, and I asked the attendant if I could take it. He checked if there were keys in it and let me take it. I had to put my rolling duffel bag in the passenger seat as it would not fit in the tiny trunk.
The car was so good, that I am thinking about trading in my WRX for a 2019 soft top Miata in the fall.
Grabbed a MX-5 RF GT from Tampa for a one way to Ft. Meyers for a little weekend getaway with my fiance back in May. Three weeks later we had one sitting in our driveway. With the new 2019's coming out with +25HP, there will be some killer deals on 17/18's soon.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by entmodonata
Grabbed a MX-5 RF GT from Tampa for a one way to Ft. Meyers for a little weekend getaway with my fiance back in May. Three weeks later we had one sitting in our driveway. With the new 2019's coming out with +25HP, there will be some killer deals on 17/18's soon.
Yeah, that is my plan to see what kind of a deal I can get on a new 17/18 or even get a used NC for around $10k.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I recently rented a luxury car and ended up with a 2017 Lincoln MkT with 28,000 miles. That is an awful car. It's ugly as hell and it drives really badly. It's now on my list for least favorites.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I recently rented a luxury car and ended up with a 2017 Lincoln MkT with 28,000 miles. That is an awful car. It's ugly as hell and it drives really badly. It's now on my list for least favorites.
Interesting find. Nobody has ever accused the MKT of being pretty. It's being discontinued so you probably won't find it again.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I was surprised to enjoy the new Chevy Impalas. CarPlay and the works, drives fine, nice trim. The MKTs are also my worst find in the luxury category.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: AA Gold
Regular Favorite:
Chevy Tahoe: Drove a couple of these from one end of the country to the other. Super comfortable, total incognito in most areas. Absolutely amazing that this beast will do 30mpg on the highway even when every square inch was loaded up with moving boxes!

Best rental ever:
Cadillac Escalade ESV: Total beast of a ride. It's the fancy larger cousin to the Tahoe with every possible bell and whistle added on. Also carries a MSRP of $92K

Other acceptable ones that I'm regularly happy with:
Dodge Durango
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Explorer
VW Atlas
Chrysler 300C
Kia Cadenza

Dislikes, avoids, and cars I've been stuck with renting :
Anything Nissan/Infiniti: The user interface is usually pretty awful.
Chevy Malibu
Jeep Patriot
Kia Optima
Ford Expedition

Most disappointing rentals:
Audi Q5
Every Infiniti no matter how many times I keep thinking that the next rental will be better
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Least favorite this year would be the Cadillac XT5 and the Dodge Challenger. The XT5 felt antiquated and loud, the Challenger had the worst visibility of any 2 door car I've experienced. Guess I'm growing old, and flat refuse to drive either vehicle again.

Favorites are anything large, including Tahoe, Expedition, but preferably not any Nissan/Infiniti product, as I've owned one and hated it.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:09 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Some Infiniti hate? One of the fastest cars on the lot but I DO HATE the hatchback one and they try to make it a lux rental. Garbage car.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by The BNA Gentleman
Some Infiniti hate? One of the fastest cars on the lot but I DO HATE the hatchback one and they try to make it a lux rental. Garbage car.

If your speaking to me, yes, I hate the Infiniti line. Worst alleged luxury car ever driven. Very fast, mine was a G37X, and after buying a new one, my wife and I avoided it like the plague. Rough ride, noisy, and frankly felt cheap. Friends disagree and think the product is solid, but after thinking I"d give it a second chance and renting a Q50 I've decided they are the same POS as I've experienced in the past. Acura is clear it's a glorified Honda, and Lexus makes an effort to distinguish itself from Toyota with the exception of the ES350, GX, and LX. They can sell what they want, but not to me. Infiniti belongs to the best dealership experience in history (Red Noland), but I won't buy because of the vehicle, not an issue with the dealership.

Short of only a few, my avoid list is anything Nissan/Infiniti, small SUV GM, and 2 door retro cars such as Challenger. Mustang, and Camaro. Other avoids are the Malibu.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Interesting find. Nobody has ever accused the MKT of being pretty. It's being discontinued so you probably won't find it again.
Great car to be driven in, couldn't imagine why anyone would actually want to own one.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Least favorite this year would be the Cadillac XT5 and the Dodge Challenger. The XT5 felt antiquated and loud, the Challenger had the worst visibility of any 2 door car I've experienced. Guess I'm growing old, and flat refuse to drive either vehicle again.

Favorites are anything large, including Tahoe, Expedition, but preferably not any Nissan/Infiniti product, as I've owned one and hated it.
I was also disappointed in the Challenger. Drove one awhile back and found the interior ergonomics to be poor and it wasn't nearly as fast as I was expecting. The base model does 0-60 in 6.5 which is much slower than its competitors with base engines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.