Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Can you rent two cars over the same dates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold

I have a reservation for a car for myself at the end of December. But I would like to also rent a car during the same dates for my parents to drive. I’d like to rent it in my name so I can apply one two free coupons to it (I would have them add my dad as an authorized driver).

Is this even possible or would they cancel one, or both, reservations?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:54 pm

Yes its possible
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:50 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You should be able to do it, but I'd be very clear at the counter or exit gate what you are doing so they don't accidentally cancel the second one during pickup.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
I tried to do it in Toronto once. I picked up a car from the city airport, went to the main airport to pick up another car for another journey, and return the first car. We were refused, so we had to return the first car and take Uber to the airport to pick up the second reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.