FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Redeeming One Two Free and earned free rental days (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/1874598-redeeming-one-two-free-earned-free-rental-days.html)

pdeepak Oct 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Redeeming One Two Free and earned free rental days

Hi all,

I currently have 3 earned free days and 2 One Two Free coupons. Is it possible to use both of those in tandem to get 5 free days on a rental?

Also, when does the system kick you over into a weekly rental vs daily rates? I am reserving for 6 days and get the weekly rate by default.

Thanks!
Deepak

Closingracer Oct 29, 2017 8:00 am

No. You would have to do two separate reservations to get 5 days for free. 3 then 2. You can't combine the free days you get from renting and the coupons. You might be able to call in to change the reservation but Idk.

pdeepak Oct 29, 2017 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer (Post 28990337)
No. You would have to do two separate reservations to get 5 days for free. 3 then 2. You can't combine the free days you get from renting and the coupons. You might be able to call in to change the reservation but Idk.

Got it, thanks!

When you say call in and change the reservation, do you mean try and extend the car I will already have under a new reservation and see if they might apply the one two free coupon?

Closingracer Oct 29, 2017 11:19 am

Originally Posted by pdeepak (Post 28990536)
Got it, thanks!

When you say call in and change the reservation, do you mean try and extend the car I will already have under a new reservation and see if they might apply the one two free coupon?

I mean you can see if they can move the car to the new res without you having to come back to the location. I have never done this but I believe I had read where people have done it before.

BugsyPal Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Just make sure the location in question accepts coupons including 12F days. If they do not then you may be out of luck.

Here in NYC only the airports and IIRC Brooklyn accept 12F coupons. So if renting in Manhattan the things are useless. EC customer service cannot even apply the coupons retroactively afterwards either. System recognizes the coupons via code and won't let things go through.

Know this after giving up trying to use 12F days in Manhattan and being told my manager they were not valid.

I 40 Nov 5, 2017 7:30 am

Just do a reservation for the time you want and then have them apply the 12F coupon ID into their computer when you return.

You can also just call CS after the fact and have them apply the coupons.

Closingracer Nov 5, 2017 9:36 am

Originally Posted by I 40 (Post 29020791)
Just do a reservation for the time you want and then have them apply the 12F coupon ID into their computer when you return.

You can also just call CS after the fact and have them apply the coupons.

I am like 90% sure you can't do that. Only with earned free days

I 40 Nov 5, 2017 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer (Post 29021187)

I have done both in the last year and it was very easy to do.

I walked up to the garage booth after returning the car and they entered in the coupon codes. Perhaps the reservation was 3 days or less, I don't recall.

By phone, and these were short rentals, I gave them the codes and they refunded my card.

YMMV

BugsyPal Nov 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer (Post 29021187)

Unless things have changed, yes, EC CS can retroactively apply OTF coupon or coupons to a rental that is closed (returned). However as stated previously only if the location in question accepts coupons for rentals.

Went through this with EC CS where both initial tier CS and subsequent escalation up the line to managers tried and failed to apply OTF coupons to a recently completed rental. Then a manager spotted the fact location in question (Manhattan, NYC) does not accept OTF (or any other) coupons. Spoke with the then manager (Luis A.) who confirmed that the only places in NYC who accept the things are Brooklyn and the airports.

Apparently National's system knows the difference between various coupons and earned free days. Entering a code from coupon will simply result in system kicking the request back.

Closingracer Nov 26, 2017 9:45 am

Originally Posted by BugsyPal (Post 29099624)
Unless things have changed, yes, EC CS can retroactively apply OTF coupon or coupons to a rental that is closed (returned). However as stated previously only if the location in question accepts coupons for rentals.

Went through this with EC CS where both initial tier CS and subsequent escalation up the line to managers tried and failed to apply OTF coupons to a recently completed rental. Then a manager spotted the fact location in question (Manhattan, NYC) does not accept OTF (or any other) coupons. Spoke with the then manager (Luis A.) who confirmed that the only places in NYC who accept the things are Brooklyn and the airports.

Apparently National's system knows the difference between various coupons and earned free days. Entering a code from coupon will simply result in system kicking the request back.

I think I tried to last year at a rental in LGA after the fact and they said they couldn't and I wasn't in the mood to fight them which might be why. Eh if I'm wrong then good. Perhaps I can add 3 on my res after the fact.