Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint Channels?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Complaint Channels?

I submitted a complaint to National on 9/21 and have not received a response. Does anyone have an email address or phone number to call? I emailed [email protected].
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Exclamation

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
I submitted a complaint to National on 9/21 and have not received a response. Does anyone have an email address or phone number to call? I emailed [email protected].
In my experience, National stopped accepting emails a year or so ago. All comments/complaints must be submitted through the web form on their website.

They’re often very quick to respond, but if you’re looking for compensation, it’s highly unlikely.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would stick to the webform. It's easy and goes straight into the database. No idea what your complaint is, so no idea what's reasonable for a response time.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
In my experience, National stopped accepting emails a year or so ago. All comments/complaints must be submitted through the web form on their website.

They’re often very quick to respond, but if you’re looking for compensation, it’s highly unlikely.
I'll try their web form. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Often1
I would stick to the webform. It's easy and goes straight into the database. No idea what your complaint is, so no idea what's reasonable for a response time.
Rental car broke down around 6pm. They couldn't get a replacement car out by the time I needed to leave for the airport, noon the next day. Spent about 8 hours on the phone with various National agents, roadside, etc.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:18 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Did you pay for the roadside assistance? If not, it's always going to be the responsibility of the renter to get the disabled vehicle back to the nearest station and into another car.

If you did buy the roadside assistance, I definitely would be frustrated too.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Did you pay for the roadside assistance? If not, it's always going to be the responsibility of the renter to get the disabled vehicle back to the nearest station and into another car.

If you did buy the roadside assistance, I definitely would be frustrated too.
I believe included in corporate contract. There were no cars available at the nearest National location.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:45 pm

Broken down due to renter negligence (ex dead battery due to leaving the door open overnight), or mechanical defect (ex check engine light)? If the latter, the rental company provides roadside assistance for free.
jackal likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Broken down due to renter negligence (ex dead battery due to leaving the door open overnight), or mechanical defect (ex check engine light)? If the latter, the rental company provides roadside assistance for free.
41k miles on the car. Battery died, was missing a battery cap, no liquid left in the battery. Check engine light also on. The car had better lives.

While I understand the rental car company provides roadside assistance for free. They couldn't do anything with the broken down vehicle other than towing it, which they didn't do. The roadside company they use does not allow for changing the battery. Only jump start or tow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.