Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

What if national does not have a car for me when I pick it up?

Old Aug 11, 17, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

I will have a trip to Disney Orlando in the coming holiday season. National has a local agent in one of Disney hotels so that it is very convenient to rent a car there and drive to the airport after my trip is over. I have young kids and rental car is always more convenient to me than bus or taxi. However, it will happen during holiday season and the demand to rent a car might be high. I am not sure what will happen if national car does not have a car or a car seat when I pick up a car, any idea? What will they do? I do so to save some rental fees (cheaper than renting the whole period) and parking fees but I don't want to miss my airplane. Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 17, 7:41 pm

National is usually pretty good at moving cars around the corporate owned locations. Make sure you have a reservation and you should not have any issues. Of course that is not a guarantee. If you have the reservation and really worried about it, you can always call a couple of hours before to verify and they can send a driver to get one if they messed up. It will save you from having to wait around.
Old Aug 15, 17, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips!
Originally Posted by nicemann View Post
National is usually pretty good at moving cars around the corporate owned locations. Make sure you have a reservation and you should not have any issues. Of course that is not a guarantee. If you have the reservation and really worried about it, you can always call a couple of hours before to verify and they can send a driver to get one if they messed up. It will save you from having to wait around.
Old Aug 16, 17, 3:06 pm

As for car seat (the booster kind) consider bringing your own bubble bum - this can also simplify things if you end up using uber, lyft, taxi etc..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: