Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Volvo S60 T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

2018 Volvo S60 T5

I got this at MCO for a one way to new York city with a luxury res. It comes decently equipped. It is around $33,000 base for this trim and with the packages and options it comes around $37,000 for this car. It comes with the Vision package and optioned in heated front seats and nav. I like this car and happy I got it considering the Mpg I'm averaging around 26 Mpg but granted 80% of the driving has been highway atm.

Classified as a GXAR or full size elite

Features:
8 speed automatic transmission
240 horsepower I4 turbocharged
7 inch infotainment screen ( no touch)
blind spot assist (BLIS)
Upgraded instrument cluster
Rear view camera ( not standard)
Parking sensors ( not standard)
Leather seats
Heated front seats
1 USB plug and 2 12v plugs
Highway Mpg 36 Mpg and city is 25 Mpg
Front wheel drive
Moon Roof ( standard)
Xenon headlights with daytime running lights

As far as a full size elite car i find it a bit smaller and less roomier than a C300, BMW 328i or the Q50 in terms of European and Asian full size elite cars in nationals fleet. Not sure about which American brands are in it ( CT6?). Of them this is the only one that is front wheel drive or front wheel biased of the bunch and i do notice slight torque steering in the front wheel drive version. Otherwise I find this car to be very comfortable and very good cruiser. Would I choose it over a BMW or Mercedes? Not over a Mercedes but I would over a BMW 328i if I'm going for comfort over performance.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Just noticed but the passenger is manual really? I would expect a car trying to compete in the compact executive class or compact luxury class it would at least had power 4 way passenger seat.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:01 pm

In the auto world I believe only the S90/V90 and XC90 are meant to compete in the luxury class. The smaller Volvos like the S60 are premium cars similar to the entry level offerings from Infiniti and Acura. Under Volvo's new management, the newly designed cars are all being built to compete in the luxury market. It started with the new XC90 and is working its way down the chain. The S60 will be comparable to its luxury counterparts when the new generation hits the market.

Last edited by Twixboy; Jun 27, 2017 at 5:08 pm Reason: added info
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Twixboy
In the auto world I believe only the S90/V90 and XC90 are meant to compete in the luxury class. The smaller Volvos like the S60 are premium cars similar to the entry level offerings from Infiniti and Acura. Under Volvo's new management, the newly designed cars are all being built to compete in the luxury market. It started with the new XC90 and is working its way down the chain. The S60 will be comparable to its luxury counterparts when the new generation hits the market.

Did a quick wiki search and it was classified as a compact executive car which also states the C300 as. The C300 starts at $39,000 or $41,000? Don't remember atm and the S60 is starting at $33,000. I agree though I probably would compare it more to the CLA 250 but I view this a step above that IMHO. I actually like this car with the exception it feels cramped specially in the back seats. The 3 inches in the long wheelbase inscription is much better. I view the bmw 3 series to be in the performance spectrum while the S60 is on the luxurious comfort side and the C300 right in the middle. Just got done with a Sixt rental where i had a loaded CTS and it makes me want to see if I can even get a base CTS or perhaps a 3.5 V6 luxury premium CTS That I just had. Even am decently equipped XTS would be fine even though it's just a Impala but with caddy branding on it. MCO tried to push me to take a 300C and while I like the car I am not willing to spend $200 more for a 300c. I could of saved it and got a Explorer sport I have really been wanting to try.

I got the S60 with 8 miles on the clock and it already has 730 miles on it and it's not even counting the 300 miles it took me to drive to key west which I rented a Corvette for that trip. I am also going to be putting another 1,100 miles driving it up to NYC. I like the car and the only reason I took it over a Explorer sport was because of gas mileage and over a 430i because I needed the trunk space.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Rear view camera ( not standard)
[/left]
Just saying im quite sure it is standard. By Federal Law all 2018 vehicles must have rear view cameras
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justheretogettips
Just saying im quite sure it is standard. By Federal Law all 2018 vehicles must have rear view cameras

By federal law cars built in May 2018 requires to have a backup camera not based on model year. As I said it's part of a package which National did buy.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
By federal law cars built in May 2018 requires to have a backup camera not based on model year. As I said it's part of a package which National did buy.

Volvo just announced a phase out of all pure petrol combustion engines by 2019, moving to all electric/hybrid instead. Wonder what this means for Enterprise and other fleet sales.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...going-electric
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Volvo just announced a phase out of all pure petrol combustion engines by 2019, moving to all electric/hybrid instead. Wonder what this means for Enterprise and other fleet sales.

I've seen 3 Volvos in Nationals fleet ever. The S60 I rented brand new in MCO ( it's in LGA as far as I know since I exchanged it for a maxima), a V60 ( that's the station wagon right?) and a S60 last year in jfk. I assume either they will order the few they already order or none. The whooe volvo getting rid of the combustion engine is quite wrong since they state they are getting rid of sole combustion engines. They will have a wholly electric and hybrid options I believe if what I heard on te radio is correct.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BugsyPal

That's not quite true -- they have said that they will offer a hybrid option for each vehicle in the range, not that they are dispensing with petrol and diesel engines.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:53 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by dwbf11; Aug 9, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blufish312
I'm in one right now that I got off the aisle at DFW, they were out of cars and I suspect they were just bringing anything around to put people in. This is the second time I've driven one, and it leaves me a little disappointed. Honestly I prefer the impala in it's premium trim, The jeep grand Cherokee Limited, or Buick lacrosse. The heated seats on the Volvo are nice, but no cooled seats? Also the car just doesn't seem to have the sort of acceleration I would expect – the only reason I would say to take the car would be that it's so rare in the fleet.

If you put it in Sport mode the acceleration isn't that bad actually. I agree though with most points but on a lux res this isn't terrible. I do find the seats comfortable and not a bad ride but I just find it cramped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.