Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 BMW 740i S Drive

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 10:06 am
Original Poster

2017 BMW 740i S Drive

After using a free day I paid $80 all in with LDW, sirus XM and a toll pass. It's a full size luxury sedan with ample leg room. As far as sporty full size sedans I find this car even in base Form to be pretty great considering you get alot of standard features. This is basically something like a Buick LaCrosse but sportier and rear wheel drive. The S drive is either rear wheel drive or front wheel drive which in this cars case is rear wheel drive.

Classified as a WXAR

Features:
Inline 6 with 320 HP
leather seats
Panoramic Sunroof
Rear view camera
Parking sensors
Mpg is 29 highway and 21 city
air suspension
Harmon Kardon speakers
Idrive 6.0 and also a touch screen

I find this car to be sporty enough and loved the air suspension and the sound system. I managed around 34 Mpg on the highway which is higher than advertised. If I could ever find this on the aisle or a short term rental I will probably jump on this because of the ride quality alone.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Snagged a 740i on a midsize reservation, paying with 12F days. Daily upgrade fee was $28.

Happy birthday to me!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
How are you getting these great upgrade fee rates? Is this how much the tag displays or are you negotiating with the agents?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by zhaofa90
How are you getting these great upgrade fee rates? Is this how much the tag displays or are you negotiating with the agents?

This was a non-aisle location. I knew they had a 430i and a 740i and at the counter, I just asked. The agent entered a few keystrokes and mouseclicks and she says “that’ll be $28/day”.

The first time I was offered a very cheap upgrade to a 740i, it was Christmas Eve, the airport was dead, and I brought a tin of chocolates with me. I had rented 25 times from this same location and the least I could do was bring some sweets to the agents working Christmas Eve.

Upgrade rates and success very wildly. I always rent a midsize, per my corporate contract. Sometimes they’ll just toss me the keys to a Grand Cherokee. Other times, I’ll ask about an SUV and they’ll say no or quote $100/day to go from a midsize to an Equinox/Edge.

It seems to be 50% dependent on the agent, and 50% dependent on whatever the computer spits out.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:42 pm

I got a 2018 740i at VPS on two 12F days over Christmas. I’ve had similar experiences. Some agents readily upgrade or offer cheap upgrades, others act like you are asking for their paycheck when you inquire about better than assigned vehicles at non-aisle locations
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Gunterindiana
I got a 2018 740i at VPS on two 12F days over Christmas. I’ve had similar experiences. Some agents readily upgrade or offer cheap upgrades, others act like you are asking for their paycheck when you inquire about better than assigned vehicles at non-aisle locations
Must be a NWFL thing... all my activity is out of PNS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.