Aisle Choice Question

Old Aug 2, 16, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat
Aisle Choice Question

Hi All,

I'm a newly minted Exec with the Emerald Club and had a question. I have a single day rental coming up from BOS to PHL - 30th Street. The non aisle choice selection is a cheaper than the aisle choice options. Can I book one of the non-aisles and then pick from the Exec aisle when I show up?

As an edit: all of the cheaper options are actually for SUVs and above, not standards, compacts or economy cars.

Thanks in advance,
Deepak

Last edited by pdeepak; Aug 2, 16 at 11:58 am
Old Aug 2, 16, 2:08 pm

Programs: National EE
You can choose a car from the aisle if you book a Mid-size car or higher. Basically Compact and Economy cars are not qualified for accessing the aisle.
Old Aug 2, 16, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Careful with one-ways. Choosing from the aisle will generally get you unlimited miles with your rental. Cars outside of that may have mileage charges.
Old Aug 3, 16, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matrixca7 View Post
You can choose a car from the aisle if you book a Mid-size car or higher. Basically Compact and Economy cars are not qualified for accessing the aisle.
Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 16, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmptyKim View Post
Careful with one-ways. Choosing from the aisle will generally get you unlimited miles with your rental. Cars outside of that may have mileage charges.
Cheers, appreciate the heads up here. Traveling on a work contract ID that has unlimited mileage on all of the selections that show up for me so I'm set.
Old Aug 5, 16, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by pdeepak View Post
Hi All,

I'm a newly minted Exec with the Emerald Club and had a question. I have a single day rental coming up from BOS to PHL - 30th Street. The non aisle choice selection is a cheaper than the aisle choice options. Can I book one of the non-aisles and then pick from the Exec aisle when I show up?

As an edit: all of the cheaper options are actually for SUVs and above, not standards, compacts or economy cars.

Thanks in advance,
Deepak

National goes through periods where they are practically throwing SUVs and Minivans at customers. This is often for the same rates as even a compact/small car reservation.

That being said as noted from others, in order to get Aisle choice you have to make the reservation for same/IICAR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: