Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Emerald Club Members: One. Two. Free. Promotion

Emerald Club Members: One. Two. Free. Promotion

Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:10 pm

Did anybody save a link to the page with the coupon on it (10008904)? I've been using the code each weekend, and last weekend was the first time I had some trouble because they wanted a hardcopy. I can't find it on their website anymore.

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 2:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gollum:
Just received the mailing for this promo.
Great news for me! I will rack up several free days.

Also,
Provide or confirm valid e-mail address and "we'll credit you with another rental toward your first free rental day certificate"
nationalcar.com/email
</font>
Thanks gollum!

I just got this for registering my e-mail at
http://www.nationalcar.com/email:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Thank you for registering for the National Free Days promotion.

We have applied a credit of one rental toward your first Free Day certificate.
</font>
ADDED LINK:

http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/D...aabe1cbd40dfa3

Sorry - The link does not work well - Just click: "Earn Free Days - Just click here to find out how!"

[This message has been edited by USAFAN (edited 10-28-2003).]
Old Oct 28, 2003, 4:10 pm

Clarification: This page used to have both promotions listed on it: the free day certificate for every 2 rentals, and also a coupon code for getting a free day off a rental now. The second thing has disappeared although it was valid thru Dec 18. I wanted to get a printout as backup next time I get a stubborn check out agent.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 1:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by libralibra:
Clarification: This page used to have both promotions listed on it: the free day certificate for every 2 rentals, and also a coupon code for getting a free day off a rental now. The second thing has disappeared although it was valid thru Dec 18. I wanted to get a printout as backup next time I get a stubborn check out agent.</font>
libralibra,
I got a news-letter from national with the free day rental coupon code.

I can scan it and send it to you on an email if you want.

Let me know.

Old Oct 31, 2003, 2:03 pm

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
Also got this, but as a targeted mailing. I rent 4 days a week, every week, so am looking forward to a bunch of freebies. Although, if this promo is anything like the Winter promo (12,500 miles credited to you FF account), I probably won't get anything. I am still waiting for the 12,500 miles, and have talked with Emerald Club many times. Always get the same story---will post 6 to 8 weeks after promo. For a "winter 2003" promotion, when the heck does this promo end????? After all, aren't we looking at winter 2004?
Old Nov 3, 2003, 11:48 am

FFSaver-

Thanks. I finally found the link. They had two links on the emerald home page with not quite identical URLs, one would show the page with the coupon and one without.

http://209.98.208.1/anc/1-2-free/Mai...&ORGANIZATION=
Old Nov 4, 2003, 12:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by libralibra:
Thanks. I finally found the link. They had two links on the emerald home page with not quite identical URLs, one would show the page with the coupon and one without.

http://209.98.208.1/anc/1-2-free/Mai...&ORGANIZATION=
</font>
If you're planning on printing the page with the coupon, you may want to substitute your NE number (but not the "NE") for the "000000000" in the url above. The page shows a NE number (taken fromthe url), and the number probably should be yours.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:25 am

With the 5125601 discount code, it comes up as a "variable" weekly rate. What is that?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 5:51 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
If you're planning on printing the page with the coupon, you may want to substitute your NE number (but not the "NE") for the "000000000" in the url above. The page shows a NE number (taken fromthe url), and the number probably should be yours. </font>

how would you do that (substitute your NE number for the zeros)? i, too, don't have a hard copy of the coupon but printed the page from the link (with the zeros). thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:51 am

After you click on the link (the URL with the zeros), the site comes up. Click on the URL window, run the cursor down to the zeros and substitute your Emerald number, then hit "enter".

Voila, the page reloads with your NE number instead of the zeros.

(At least, that works on IE.)
Old Nov 12, 2003, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Anybody actually receive any of these free days coupons yet? Or will mailing be delayed to close to coupon expiration as a way to minimize the exposure?

------------------
Delta MM, Flying Colonel, Platinum Medallion; HHonors Diamond - Hawaii and FL beach bound!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
None here but I believe the coupons are not valid until January so there is a bit of time left.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
Question for any of you that may have received and used these last time around -- like a regular rental, does 5 days equal a week, and are they upgradable?

Have a family trip to SoCal this winter and need a rental for 10 days. Would I need 10 coupons or 8? Also, can I pay to upgrade to a minivan or SUV?
Old Nov 18, 2003, 3:38 pm

I just received the following email from National:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">You have made 1 qualifying rental(s) of a midsize or larger car that began on or after September 1 and completed on or before October 31, 2003, and with the one rental credit you received for supplying your e-mail address, you have earned 1 free rental day certificate(s). We will send your certificate(s) in the last two weeks of November.

There is no limit to the number of free rental days you can earn through December 18, 2003 just keep renting from National! To make a reservation, click the button below.</font>
What a great company and deal. I had a Mitsubishi Diamante (or so) for 4 days for $ 86.00. A smaller car from Hertz using a "one day free voucher" would have been $128.00.
Very good service at DEN. Thanks National.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 2:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Has anyone received their rental certificates? I received the same e-mail as USAFAN mentioning mailing the last two weeks of November, but haven't seen anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.